Chapter Thirteen pt 1

Chapter Thirteen

A pair of dark lashes took its time to waver open only to be met with a cooling light blue haze. Startled, the eyes blinked a few more times until the haze dissipated and revealed a lovely palm in front of a green lit gaze.

"Oh, perfect timing! I was just done," a sweet voice shone.

Drokn was still cloudy in the wake, trying to make sense of his surroundings with creased brows. With a couple more blinks, his thoughts seemed to finally clear and he was overcome with instant dread as the lowly acts he had displayed rushed into his mind.

What had he done??

He hadn't remembered ever crying even as a child. But now, a grown adult, sputtering nonsense in such a degraded way. To what state did he reduce himself down to??

The memories replayed in his mind, questioning if it was truly reality or a torturous dream, and Drokn became more and more panicked and absolutely shame ridden. When soft fingers gently grazed the bottom of his right eyelid, his thoughts refocused to who was in front of him, but that only added to his sense of loss.

"Oh, good good. They're not puffy anymore," the smiling voice spoke.

The demon almost choked on his own words, but managed to sputter out a "What's going on? What are you doing here?" to mask his own embarrassment.

The small elf giggled. "You fell asleep. And I couldn't move so I thought I'd just..." Slowly, the elf's tone changed as if he remembered something. "I'm sorry, I know you don't like me healing in your sleep, but I thought it would be nice..."

Although the elf was talking, none of the words registered in Drokn's mind after he realized he'd been trapping the elf, an arm around the back and a folded leg above the other's. Immediately, he swung his limbs away, but the momentum swung his whole body to the side. Unlucky for him, he was on the edge of the bed, so swinging around meant that—

—and with a THUD, Drokn fell to the ground.

Could his dignity sink any further?

"Are you okay?" the elf asked with a worried expression as he darted his body over to the side of the bed to look.

"Of course I'm fine," the demon answered, sitting up sharply as if the fall was intentional. After a brief pause, he inquired, first looking at the elf but then instantly away as their eyes met. "How long have I been asleep?"

"Just a few hours," Eial said with a smile.

Just a few hours?? Not only had he completely lost himself in some fanatic presentation earlier, he had folded himself over the elf for a few hours?? Ironically, words could not describe how speechless he was. How was he going to escape this odd scenario?

To make matters worse, when the elf tried to rise, he was quick to stumble. "My legs have fallen asleep," he giggled, and the demon knew exactly why. A few fucking hours.

But before the demon could fall into his crippled dignity and deep woven embarrassment even further, he heard an unexpected, "I'm sorry," in a somber voice. He slowly brought his gaze to the elf again, and this time kept it.

"I raised my voice at you this morning. I'm sorry."

If words couldn't come out before, now the words were crumbled and blown away. Drokn shook his head to recollect himself from the absurd and unnecessary apology. "No," he said, his voice deep. After fumbling with and biting his lips, he continued, "I'm sorry."

"No, I didn't consider what you might have been feeling and said hurtful things."

Drokn couldn't take hearing this and a sudden growing sense of annoyance took hold of him. "Bullshit, you said the truth. I was the one being an asshole!"