Under The Stars (g.w)

Request: Alright softie. Here's a George request. George and his date after the Yule ball. Just talking flirting basking in the glow of a magical evening.

Reader's House: implied gryffindor

Warnings: none really! can get a little pg-13 at points but nothing explicitly happens

A/N: i went a little ham on this request and did a bit more than talking and flirting. but lemme tell you, i cried while writing this. i need a george weasley. i listened to Yellow by Coldplay and Give Me Love by Ed Sheeran while writing and would def recommend listening to both of these while reading! italics are flashbacks! if you enjoy my writing please consider buying me a coffee! the link to my kofi is on my profile!

Word Count: 1,802

The ceiling was changed to look like a starry winter night sky, tiny snowflakes falling around everyone as they danced

The ceiling was changed to look like a starry winter night sky, tiny snowflakes falling around everyone as they danced. Soft music played throughout the Great Hall and couples pulled each other closer, relishing in the time they had with one another.

But you didn't see any of the other people dancing, all you saw was the taller redhead standing in front of you with his arms wrapped around you.

George smiled softly down at you, tightening his arms around you as he leaned in slightly, placing his forehead against yours.

"Have I told you how beautiful you look tonight?" He mumbled, pressing a soft kiss to the tip of your nose before pulling back to look at you.

You couldn't help but laugh at his words, considering he had been complimenting you the entire night.

"Multiple times my dear, but thank you." You hummed with a grin.

George smiled back, spinning you around in his arms and dipping you a little as the song playing came to an end. You smiled happily up at him as he brought you back upright.

The two of you continued to dance the night away. Dancing to slow songs, upbeat songs, and the in-between. Eventually, the crowd began to thin out. George and you were soon one of the only couples out on the floor, other than Fred and Angelina, Ginny and Neville, and some others you didn't really recognize.

As another slow song played, George leaned in to whisper into your ear.

"Wanna get out of here, darling?"

Once he had pulled back you nodded softly up at him. Taking your hand in his, the two of you walked over to Fred and Angelina.

"We're gonna head out, I'll either see you late tonight or at breakfast tomorrow." George said to his twin, Fred nodding in understanding.

Angelina smiled at you, you automatically returning the smile. You had also been close with Angelina, ever since the two of you ended up being roommates first year. Actually, when Fred asked her to the ball George asked you too.