Chapter Twelve

Goku looked up and noticed his halo had vanished, "oh hey!"

"The halo is gone! Good!" King kai exclaimed. "Now hurry and get going!"

"Okay!" Goku grinned, both excited to be alive and for the upcoming fight.

"Remember this enemy is more powerful and evil than you can imagine! You must always be on your guard," King Kai warned. "Don't be thinking you can just come back to life."

"I know, I know," Goku replied. "You can only come back once. I'll do my best." He turned his head and gave King Kai a thumbs up. "Thanks for everything. And if I do die again I'll come visit you." With that said Goku said his goodbyes and jumped off the planet and back onto Snake Way.

King Kai watched with a smile on his face, "his power knows no bounds and yet his soul is clearer than crystal. I never thought a being like that could exist in the living world. Too bad his sense of humor wasn't on the same level."

Goku jumped along Snake Way, "woohoo! I'm so light! I'm like a living cotton ball!" He jumped one last time and began to fly, "no time to play around, I've got to hurry."

The very next day, on earth, it finally happened. Two round pods came crashing down onto earth. The pair landed in the middle of a city. The people around were fearful as to what had just happened. Instead of running their curiosity got the better of them. One of the pods opened and a man stepped out. It was none other than the saiyan prince, Vegeta. He looked around and let out a breath from the long travel.

Piccolo and Gohan both stopped what they were doing. The could suddenly feel the increase in power on the planet. They both turned towards the direction with seriousness on their faces.

"So they've finally come at least," Piccolo said.

"What a huge ki level," Gohan said.

Around the world the other fighters, Krillin, Yamcha, Tien, and Chiaotzu could feel the energy as well. They were all alarmed at the power and the fact that they had come early.

At home, Mae was working on an assignment Chi-Chi had given her. She suddenly stood, knocking her chair over and looked into a far off direction. Her body was trembling, feeling the immense powers. "Wh-What?"

"Mae?" Chi-Chi hurried over to her. "What's wrong?"

"They're here," Mae furrowed her brows. "The Saiyans are here." Her mind was racing. She needed to defeat Piccolo to get her brother back, that was what mattered most, but she had a feeling that these new warriors were going to get in the way of that. She clenched her fists and turned to her mother. "I'm going to get Gohan back, I promise."

"What?" Chi-Chi was confused but she suddenly realized. She grabbed Mae by the wrist, "you aren't going anywhere! You're not a fighter!"

"Mom I'm sorry," Mae looked down. "I'll come back and Gohan will be with us. I know I can be a strong fighter, just like daddy." She pulled away from Chi-Chi and ran out of the house before flying up into the air. She closed her eyes and pushed forward while Chi-Chi yelled for her to come back.

"Who are they?" The people around the pods wondered. They all started at the two men looking around. "What are they?"

"Earth was it?" Vegeta asked with a slight grin. "Promising."

"Let's greet these little insects," Nappa said. He brought his hand up and in an instant everything exploded.

"What the?!" Piccolo exclaimed as he and Gohan braced themselves against the strong winds. "What did they do?!"

"A little too warm of a greeting eh, Vegeta?" Nappa laughed.

Vegeta looked at his partner annoyed, "end it there, Nappa. You'll ruin the resale value of this dirtball if you keep messing it up."