Chaper 9-His Desires [E]

...She looked up and saw Julien. He was so close she could feel his breath on her face. Time stood still with the both of them in the others arms. The electricity in the air was filled with static. The heat swirled producing the intense moment to escalate.

He never said a word and neither did she.

Julien's eyes were half closed enjoying the feel of her in his arms. He tilted his head down slightly, bringing his lips close to her cheek, inhaling her sweet feminine scent. Her perfume hypnotized him, like a venus fly trap, pulling him in.

She was stiff in his arms. He didn't release her as he snaked both his arms around her waist scooting her closer along the length of his body. Her soft generous chest was pressed against his hard muscled one.

He heard her suck in her breath.

She didn't pull away from him which he saw as progress. She was a head shorter than him, allowing him to swoop in for a quick kiss. The suspense was eating away at him, Juilen had to taste her and feel her.

He lowered his head, slowly trying to assess her reaction to his approach. She didn't try to tilt her head as she kept entirely still. Their noses were touching, their lips just barely an inch apart. Julien's eyes were nearly completely closed by this point and Annie's were half lidded, waiting.

Her hands circled around his biceps as he had both his strong arms around her, entrapping her.

The last of his control slipped. He lowered his head completely trying to close the small gap with their lips. At the last second, Annie turned her head to the right, his lips making contact with the side of her lips.

His eye lids opened in surprise. He pulled back slightly, to get a better view of Annie's face, but she held on to him gripping him closer to her. She let go of one of his arms and brought her hand up to his neck. She stood on her tiptoes, and brought his head down a little closer to her.

Julien allowed her to lower his head back to her level in hope she'd resume the kiss. 

She whispered in his ear saying, "Now, you didn't think I would be that easy, did you?"

He released his hold on her slightly, as she looked back into his eyes. A slightly shocked expression crossed his features, with an undeniable look of desire flaring in his eyes once more.

She completely caught him off guard.

Taking the opportunity, she turned away releasing herself from his hold. Before taking a step back, ready to leave, she looked back once more at him and sent him a innocent smile, a simple shrug, and continued down the hallway.

Julien was rendered speechless, watching her confidently walk away. He was so close to taste those sweet full lips of hers. 

Shaking himself out of his daze, searching the empty hallway. What just happened?

He walked toward his bedroom opening the door and closing it. Thinking back to when he left Patrick and his father talking and went in search for Raja. Instead he found her leaving the guest bathroom. She obviously hadn't heard him approach when she walked right into him almost knocking herself back from the impact. He wanted any excuse to touch her and grabbed her by the arms bringing her against him.

The smell and feel of her against him lingered.   Her soft hands slipping around his neck could still be felt as his muscles bunched under his shirt.

He closed his eyes at the memory...so close, yet so far away.

He loved the chase and he knew he was in for a big challenge, I will have you my duchess, I will not stop until you're all mine, he promised.