Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 33

The woods are eerily quiet with no one popping out to try and scare the boys like earlier. Todoroki and Bakugo walk side by side, silently, neither having anything to say to the other. Especially the blond who didn't even want to be paired up with the half and half boy in the first place. He'd rather be with your shrimpy ass than the class stoic boy that never speaks.

A low growl escapes Bakugo's throat as Todoroki suddenly stops next to him. He takes his eyes off the woods, noticing the person clad in metal constraints kneeling on the ground next to...is that a hand?

"What the hell?" Bakugo breathes out with his usual roughness, standing still as he takes in the possible enemy in front of him. He can't see the guy's face because he's facing the other way, but it looks like he's eating the hand. So the guy is some kind of psycho, or...

Or a villain.

"Who was in front of us?" Todoroki whispers, taking a small step closer to the blond. Bakugo doesn't shy away either, "Six arms and Bird Head."

"Do you think?"

"Maybe."

The boys stop talking when the unknown figure turns around, blood on the side of its mouth as it starts rambling about flesh. It stands with a slumped posture due to the heavy restraints but the boys still drop into a readying stance in preparation for an attack. And just as they predicted, the monstrous human's teeth suddenly grow, lifting him into the air while also sending attacks at Bakugo and Todoroki.

Todoroki throws up an ice wall in defense, but it only holds for a minute before being shattered by the villain's metal teeth. With a battle cry, Bakugo charges at the villain, hand ready with an explosion. He ignores the sudden message that flashes through his head about the villains attacking.

He already knows what's going on.

But suddenly, the man sends several spears flying at the blond, Bakugo barely having enough time to stop midstride to lean out of the way. Todoroki throws up another wall of ice from behind the blond, obstructing their view but keeping them safe for the moment.

"Didn't you hear what she said? We aren't supposed to engage," Todoroki scolds, creating another wall the second the other one is broken. Bakugo growls at him to shut up, sparks popping off of his palms. His arm twitches as the second wall is shattered and a smirk appears on his face.

Bakugo lunges forward only to be pulled back by the collar of his shirt. The half and half boy keeps a strong grip on his collar, glaring at the blond as he turns to scowl at Todoroki. "If you set the woods on fire I won't be able to put it out since the smoke will obstruct my view. We need to be careful."

"Screw this! He's trying to kill us!"

"If the forest is on fire then we might trap some of our classmates in the flames! Do you want someone to get hurt because of our carelessness?" Todoroki asks, yanking Bakugo around by his shirt and trying to shake some sense into him. This kind of stuff seems to work for you.

A low, annoyed growl escapes Bakugo as Todoroki finally lets go. He elbows the boy away, silently taking in his words but not showing it. Bakugo would never admit to someone else being right. But now, that leaves them with the issue of how to deal with this guy. He's fast, deadly, and this terrain is compatible with his quirk. The boys are obviously at a disadvantage here and they aren't even allowed to fight.