Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 45

The sun is high in the sky, warming the city of Tokyo with its bright rays. Birds chirp as they search for their breakfast in the green grass, covered in glittering morning dew. Adults all over the city wake up to alarms and prepare for a tedious day of weekend work.

A perfect morning, right?

Wrong.

The sunlight streaming in through the windows shines directly on your peaceful face. Forcing your eyes to grow irritated even with your closed lids. A small grunt comes from you, trying to adjust positions to block the sunlight while still half-asleep, only for a crushing weight to stop you from moving.

Another sleepy grunt comes from you, trying to throw whatever it is off of you in your sleep. The figure on top of you does not budge but lets out a deep groan. The person's eyes blink open, squinting at the sun streaming in through the window leading to the balcony.

Katsuki groans, closing his eyes and nuzzling back into your chest where he fell asleep, only for you to kick and shove at him in your sleep while whining. He glares at your form, thinking you're doing it on purpose until he notices you're still passed out. Your (h/c) hair is messy and surrounds your face like a halo, (s/c) skin smooth and shining against the morning light, and the small crinkle of your brow is adorable. He would think you look perfect if it wasn't for the small line of drool on the side of your scarred cheek.

Nevermind, still perfect.

"Dumbass," Katsuki grumbles, too tired to notice he said the word out loud.

Katsuki adjusts himself, easing off of you so you stop squirming, and reaches over to pull the curtain shut so the sun doesn't wake you. He lays back down at your side, you moving in your sleep to turn to him and wrap your arms around him. Like a child with a teddy bear.

Bakugo decides not to wake you just yet, still exhausted himself, and slides down so he can cuddle into your chest again, arms wrapped around your hips, and pulls you close. You only let out a soft snore, hugging his head to you as you doze into a peaceful slumber once again.

It only takes a couple of minutes for the sound of your heartbeat to lull Katsuki back to sleep.

•••••

Well past nine in the morning, you start to stir, eyes heavy and mind foggy as your eyes flutter open slowly. You take in your blurry surroundings with a small, "huh?", your mind taking a long minute to register where you are and whose head is nuzzled into your chest.

Soft, steady snores come from the messy, blond-haired male, the white bandages on his face standing out against his light tan skin. You brush a hand through his hair, Katsuki not even stirring as he just moves further into your embrace at your gentle touch.

Still half out of it and a layer of exhaustion clouding your brain, you lay there with a blank face as you brush his hair over and over again to reveal his forehead. The movements become almost robotic, your mind too tired to notice the time passing by. Brush his hair back, hold it for a second to gaze at his cute forehead that Katsuki usually hides, then letting his hair bounce back into place and repeat.

You yawn quietly, jaw stretching for the first time this morning and allowing you to smell your morning breath, which is not pleasant. Nonetheless, the next time you brush back his hair, you place a kiss on the crown of it, pulling away just to yawn again.

There's a small grunt under you, the grip around your hips tightening and pulling you two even closer if possible. Katsuki's snores come to a stop as a small series of half-asleep murmured words spill from his mouth, muffled by your shirt.