𝙚 𝙡 𝙚 𝙫 𝙚 𝙣

k e e f e

I woke up in an unfamiliar surrounding. Was this what heaven looked like?

I could hear distant chattering in the background.

"Uh...hello?" I said with a hoarse voice, trying to sit up but wincing.

"The boy is awake," I heard a voice say, but couldn't see who since I was still laying down.

"Good," Another deep robotic voice said as I saw a shadow coming in my direction.

"Hello, so-, er, I mean, boy. I see you're finally awake." The figure with the robotic voice said, hovering over me.

"Who..arre..you?" I managed to say gasping in between as I finally was able to sit up.

"That is not important right now," Another figure said hovering over me on the right, but this one had a regular manly voice, not robotic.

"Okayyyyyyy then. Where am I? I'm supposed to be dead," I deadpanned, staring up at the 2 figures. I couldn't see their faces since they were wearing a dark cloak over them, with a bright white eye on the front.

That symbol looks strangely familiar.

"Keep this up and you will be," A third voice muttered from a distance, scoffing.

Uhm. OK then.

"We want you to work with us," the normal voice whispered. The other glared at him/her. Or, at least, I assume he/she was glaring, given that I couldn't see their faces.

"No, we don't. We simply took you in when we found you unconscious on the edge of the lake." The robotic voice said.

"Why'd you rescue me?" I asked.

"I wouldn't necessarily call it a rescue. Like she said, we simply took you in when we found you unconscious."

Ok, so now I know the robotic one is a girl.

"Yeah, but why?" I asked.

"That," The robotic one said, "is classified."

I rolled my eyes. "Yeah whatever. Can I go now?" I said, trying to get off the cott.

"Please, you think we'd let you go? And plus, we're the ones that saved you! No generosity there?" The man asked.

"Not gonna lie, y'all don't really seem like the nice type," I deadpanned.

"Of course not. And we didn't capture you for you." The robotic woman said.

"Uhh, not sure what that's supposed to mean," I said, raising an eyebrow at the black figure.

"You know, Keefe, I've been stuck in prison for almost 8 years. And if there is anything I've learned there, it's that tiny steps lead to the best plan. And you, my boy," She said, pointing at me, "are just bait. What could possibly be valuable from you?"

Fishy, like I said. I never even told them my name.

"We actually want the girl." The man said.

For some reason, I knew exactly who he was talking about.

"Sophie?" I asked in a deep voice. "Leave. Her. Out of this." I growled.

"Please. You sound almost as convincing as the kelpies I met last summer." He said, laughing.

I roll my eyes then turn to look at the woman.

Wait. What she said sounded familiar. 8 Years in prison? Part of some fishy evil group? And she knew my name...

No way.

"Wait," I said to the woman. "Are you who I think you are?"

I couldn't see her face, but I could have sworn I saw her smile under there.

She slowly pulled off her hood.

"Mom?" I said, my voice cracking more than I wanted it too.

"Yes," she said, but this time with her normal voice, staring into my soul.

I knew it would be her. But seeing it in front of my eyes...it..

Hurt.

Which was the last emotion I expected to feel.

"Take him away," She said, putting her hood back on. And the last thing I heard was, "And figure out a way to alert the girl that he's here. There is no way this plan is failing." 

Lol my writing is trash i tried to make it good buttttt yeah