•Chapter Thirteen• 'Italy!?'

Kimberly's Pov -

"Luca, can we please just slow down for a moment!"

I wasn't expecting him to actually immediately stop, so when he did...I smacked straight into his back. Within a second, he spun around and caught me from tumbling backwards. "Fucking hell! Can you watch your feet, I haven't got time for you to be clumsy"

Stepping backwards, I pulled myself from his grip while letting out a breathy laugh, in disbelief from his rude manner. "And I haven't got time for you to speak to me like that" I snapped back.

He pinched the bridge of his nose while letting out a huff of air. We where now inside his beautiful mansion, our voices echoing around the huge living area. The whole car ride, Luca was on the phone—speaking in Italian only.

"I'm not going any further until you let me know what the hell is going on" My arms folded over my chest as I raised my eyebrows. My neck stretched up to look at him, his delicious manly and minty scent invading my nostrils.

Surprising me, he took my hand in his and lead me down a long hallway. We where soon outside a familiar door, the one I recognised to be the entrance to his office. He harshly pushed it open and took his grip from my hand as he lead me inside, slamming the tall door shut behind us.

"I need to take you to Italy, tonight"

When those words fell from his lips, my eyes widened. "W-what? Italy, are you crazy?" I shook my head, confused.

"Russians'" His voice dripped with hatred as he began pacing up and down the room. "I've fucking pissed them off, Kimberly. And it's landed you in danger"

For a moment, I just stared at the Italian before me. But then the words suddenly hit me. "I'm in danger!? What kind of danger?" I panicked, my eyes desperately searching his face for an answer.

Luca stood still, his hand swept through his hair in frustration. "Last night, when they attacked my club. Their boss, must of had people follow me to your apartment afterwards. I don't know how the fuck I was so stupid" he paused, shaking his head. "They have threatened your death upon me"

I felt like the air had been taken from my lungs. People where looking for me, trying to kill me? my knees weakened, completely giving out—Just as my body was about to hit the wooden floor, Luca quickly caught me.

"Kimberly, I'm not going to let anyone hurt you. Ever. I can promise you that" His arms firmly held me up, making me feel somewhat safe.

"I-I can't go to Italy, I have a job...oh my, what about my Mother-"

"My men are already on it, your job will be fine. Your mother, we will figure something out. For now, I need to focus on keeping you safe. You're the only good thing that's in my life right now. You are my break from the harsh reality I live in and I can't let that go. I won't let that go"

Even though I was absolutely petrified to my core. My heart couldn't help but skip a beat at the words Luca was saying to me.

I let my body relax into him, my arms falling around his torso and he instantly stiffened. Because of his reaction, I went to pull away—after all he's not used to this simple affection...but when his arms slowly and hesitantly slid around my waist, I stayed put. He pulled me close, keeping me safe and warm in his strong embrace.

~~ TWELVE HOURS LATER ~~

Luca's Pov-

My private jet came to a stop as I peered over at a sleeping Kimberly, a blue blanket was draped over her petite body. Some of her brunette wavy locks where messily covering half of her face and those red lips of hers where naturally pouted, only parting slightly when she let out a content sigh in her sleep.