First Year // Chapter 8

THUNK!

"Ouch!"

I slowly sat up and looked around the room. It was pitch black but I could sense something was off about the room. I looked right at the corner of the bed and spoke.

"Ron? Is that you?"

"No, it's Harry." Harry pulled the invisibility cloak off of his head. I sighed as he looked like he was going to crap his pants. 

"What are you doing?" I looked outside the window. "It has to be almost midnight!" He walked over to the left side of the bed and sat on the edge. 

"I'm gonna try and get into the Restricted Section of the Library using the Invisibility Cloak." He said. "We still have no clues who Nicholas Flamel is. Do you want to come with me?" He asked. 

I leaned up and looked over at Ron who was asleep just a bed away. I looked back at Harry and nodded. 

"Let me quickly get dressed, into warmer clothes and I'll join you." He smiled as I got up and went over to their bathroom. I changed into a purple jumper and threw on a nice warm pair of jeans. As I walked out I whipped my hair up into a bun and used my wand to secure it. 

"Whoa. You look nice in Purple, Lori." Harry said.

"Thanks. Now, let's go. We don't have all night." We walked out of the Common Room and headed straight for the library. I pulled my wand out of my hair and unlocked the library doors and the door that leads to the Restricted Section. The door made a quiet creaking as Harry pushed it open. We both winced hoping we wouldn't get caught. Luckily we got in without any more loud noises. 

After looking for a fair amount of time we found the "N" section of the library and took off the cloak. Harry placed the large lantern he was carrying on the table and started running his hand along the spines of the books. 

Harry after a moment yanked a random book off the shelf and opened it. As soon as he did, a face appeared on the page and started letting out a horrid scream. He slammed the book shut with a sigh as we stood still frozen with fear. 

"You don't think anyone heard that, do you?" I asked. Before Harry could answer we heard Filch shout from the main part of the library.

"Who's there?!" We jumped as his voice was closer than we thought it would be. "I know you're in there. You can't hide." We noticed a small glow of his lantern just entering the Restricted section. Harry hastily started pulling the cloak off of the table. What he failed to observe was that our lantern was on top of the cloak.

Even with my fast reflexes, I wasn't able to catch the lantern before it hit the floor with a CRACK and it smashed into bits. 

"Bloody hell!" I whisper shouted. Harry grabbed my wrist and pulled me under the cloak quickly. Just as I got under Filch rounded the corner and shouted dangerously. 

"Show yourself!" I normally being the braver twin, almost let out a squeal of fear. In the lantern light, Filch looked beyond the normal definition of scary and looked more of a cross between scary and demonish. 

We slowly inched around Filch into the corridor. After we made it into the corridor we finally started to breathe normally. We silently agreed to head back to Gryffindor Tower. We were about to turn a corner when we were halted in our tracks by the sounds of two of our Professors. 

"Harry ..."

"Shhh!" we slowly inched around the corner and saw Snape press Quirrell up against the wall.

"Severus ... I-I t-thought-"

"You don't want me as your enemy, Quirrell." Snape cut him off.

"W-What do y-y-you m-m-mean?" Quirrell stuttered out. Part of me wanted to emerge and defend Quirrell, but yet something in my brain told me, this needed to happen.