34.

Kaycee just let herself sink into him. Wanting nothing more than to just crawl in his skin and stay there.

She felt so hurt by the fact that one of her best friends had been able to say those things about her, and to her.

How long had she been thinking those things?

All hell broke loose in Kaycee's head. She felt empty, like nobody wanted to love her.

And that's why she was so afraid to tell Sean. She didn't want him to leave. If he did, she'd be lost for a long time.

Sean: "class is over baby, I...I don't wanna rush you but, maybe we should head home"

Kaycee shook her head no. She didn't want him to let her go.

On the inside, he was warm because he loved how clingy she got when stuff went wrong. She was attached to him, and he found it one of the sweetest things about her.

Sean: "they're gonna close up bubba"

Kaycee wiped her eyes and looked up at Sean with red and puffy cheeks.

Kaycee: "I don't want you to let go"

Sean: "I've gotta drive kayc"

Kaycee: "to where?"

Sean: "to my house like we planned, unless you wanna go home"

Kaycee shook her head no violently and clung onto Sean. She didn't want Bailey to say anything to him and make him leave her. She was afraid.

Sean: "okay okay shhh, come on"

He pulled both of their weights off the floor and held her close as they exited the room and ran right into Talia.

Talia: "oh baby, what's wrong? it wasn't just acting was it?"

Kaycee: "I'm...I'm okay-j-just stressed"

Talia rubbed a soothing pattern on Kaycee's back and watched them walk away, and out the door.

Sean held onto her the entire way until they had to get in the car.

He opened the door and let her get in before he leaned in and pressed and calming kiss on her cheek.

Sean: "I'm gonna go get in okay?"

She shook her head. He was overall, just worried she'd have a panic attack again, and that's far from what either of them wanted.

As soon as he got in the car and got buckled, he gripped his hand on her inner thigh and held her tight so she knew he was right there.

the drive home was kinda lengthy. about a half hour from TMilly because it was somewhat out of the way.

About 15 minutes in, Kaycee broke the silence once she was able to calm down.

Kaycee: "s-Sean?"

He immediately looked toward her, searching for her eyes.

Sean: "right here babe"

Kaycee: "watch the road"

He took her advice and knew she was ultimately right and turned his head back to the road.

Sean: "that all?"

Kaycee: "no...can we talk?"

Sean: "oh my god, yes, of course bubba, tell me everything"

Kaycee: "I uh...I lied this morning"

Sean: "about what?"

Kaycee: "when you asked me what Bailey had said."

Sean: "I knew she hurt you, fuck!"

He punched the steering wheel and she grabbed his hand, linking their fingers.

Kaycee: "this is why I didn't wanna say anything before."

He immediately knew he took it too far already, and calmed down.

Sean: "I'm sorry"

Kaycee: "I love when you get protective, it's...it's hot. but we don't need any fights"

Sean: "you're right, I'm sorry"

Kaycee: "it's fine babe"

She took a deep breath

Kaycee: "anyway...she uh...she told me that I was selfish, and that I only cared about myself."

Sean: "babe-"

Kaycee: "she said that the only thing she had that I didn't was the label...she was your girlfriend, and then I took that too."

He squeezed her hand as tight as he could.

Kaycee: "and a-at the studio...b-before we um, before we danced, she told me that if I m-messed up...-"

She started choking up, not able to finish the next three words.

Kaycee: "I'm sorry"

Sean: "don't apologize bub, I get it's hard. Just breathe and tell me what she said"

Kaycee: "she said...if I messed up, that you'd...t-that you'd leave me as fast as y-you left her."

Kaycee's sobs got louder. What Bailey said got to her head and caused her to be afraid of what he could say.

Sean was crying at this point.

Kaycee heard him sniffling and she glanced over and saw the tear on his cheek sparkle from the street lights.

Kaycee: "don't cry"

Sean: "kaycee I could never up and leave you...I need you to understand that. Tell me you understand that."

Kaycee: "I-I do"

Sean: "I left her because who I really wanted was asking me for love, and I was so fucking stupid to not pick up on it before. There was no way I was letting you slip through my fingers again kayc. That's why I left her."

Kaycee: "you don't have to explain that to me Sean"

Sean: "yes I do because now she's got you believing that if you mess up I'll leave you, and that's so fucking far from the truth kaycee!"

he was crying almost as much as her now.

Kaycee: "she just...misses you"

Sean: "that doesn't give an excuse for what she said or how she said it."

Kaycee: "can protective Sean just take a deep breath, I need baby Sean"

He did as he was told, he knew she was hurting. He took a deep breath as he pulled into his driveway and parked.

Once parked he took her hands and shifted in his seat to face her.

Sean: "protective Sean is always gonna be here because you're so worth protecting kaycee. But I'll tone it down alright?"

She shook her head

Sean: "come on, let's go get showered and I'll cook you up something to eat for when you're done okay? I love you, so much."

Kaycee: "can we talk some more after?"

Sean: "absolutely baby girl"

He leaned in and pressed his lips onto hers. She sunk into him, happy he was there.