22.

Don't wanna be so afraid,
          it's time to get out my way.
             I'm running, I can't keep running.

Heads up! This chapter switches POV halfway through! Also, special announcement at the end of the chapter(:

STERLING'S POV:

    "Dad... I want to talk to him." I sigh, sitting on the island.

    "So talk to him... What's the worst that could happen... What, do you think if he turns you away you'll spontaneously combust or something?" He jokes, and I shake my head.

    "No. You can't spontaneously combust unless you're ill. Your body won't produce the chemical unless... Nevermind." I sigh, and my dad looks at me like I've got three heads. Damn you Harry for filling my head with stupid knowledge. "I know I'm not going to combust, but I can't talk to him." I sigh.

    "Okay so don't talk to him.. Wait till he talks to you." He shrugs, peeling an orange as he stands across from me in the kitchen.

    "But I want to talk to him." I whine, and now he's the one sighing.

    "Dear god, please help me." My dad looks up at the ceiling, and I groan. "Just wait until he talks to you." He laughs.

    "But what if he never talks to me?" I ask.

    "Um... We can roll their house, but you'll never speak of it if we do." My dad suggests, and I stifle a bit of a laugh, smirking at my dad. "I'm not very good at this Ster... I don't know how to help you here.. Maybe.. Maybe you could try calling Jalyn, or Andrea..." He suggests, and I give him a look. "Okay fine.. Don't call them." He shakes his head. "What do girls do when they're going through a break up? I don't know how this stuff works.. In movies it's ice cream and romance movies.. Do you want to watch romance movies, because we have netflix I can-"

    "No, the thought of romantic movies makes me want to throw up."

    "So what do you want to do? I'm off all day." He throws his hands up.

    "Let's build a treehouse." I suggest, already knowing his answer.

    "You know I'm not going out there for that tree house. Sterling I want to help you but I can't-"

    "I know you can't.. I thought I'd try... You know what else we can do today?" I ask, and he shrugs. "Get your shoes, come on." I wave my hands and he looks at me with his brows drawn in, confusion on his face. "I'm driving.. Your car of course." I raise an eyebrow.

    "Just this once, only because our neighbor made you sad." He lowers his head, and stares at me so I know how serious he is. He pulls his shoes on, and I steal his keys from the dish on the front table, running outside. I look in front of me at the Land Rover and clap my hands. "Yes." I pump my fist in the air feeling accomplished, and he follows behind me. "Wait, go get Jon." I tell him, and he scowls at me.

    "If Jon gets any of his fluids in my car I may or may not freak out Ster.. I agreed to having a dog, but I didn't agree to-"

    "Yeah yeah, you love your car more than your dog and your daughter we get it, now get the dog, and get in the car." I nod my head, and he turns away, going back into the house. I walk to the other side of my dad's car, getting in the driver's seat, and I hear the front door open, but not mine. I look, and see Harry walking out of the house, and I see a familiar face I haven't seen in a long time... Carson. I stare for a second, my eyes focusing on Harry, seeing him in a normal state after everything. He's a bit pale, but still radiant. He's giving a soft smile, and I watch as he looks over here.I push the seat back as quickly as I can, making myself invisible to them.