23| Full Moon Gone So Wrong

Reader's POV

I skipped merrily in the hallways. I was no longer wearing the cast on my arm.

One more day to go, and it was summer. I decided to check on Sirius in the Room of Requirement. I haven't visited him for days.

Once the entrance had appeared, I quickly ran to it, making sure that nobody would suspect.

"Padfoot!" I called, but there was no reply. "It's me, (y/n)! I'm sorry if I didn't come here last time! I got too busy. But I'm here now!"

But still, no reply, not even a bark.

"Where could he be?" I said under my breath. I just hope he wasn't sighted or worse, sentenced back to Azkaban.

Suddenly, I remembered I wanted to give Professor Moony the letter I wrote him the other day, just giving thanks to him, ever since he saved us from the Dementors last September and all the moments we spent together.

I reached his office and knocked on his office only for it to swirl open slowly at the touch of my hand.

The corridor was devoid, spookish still little to no light shining in from the windows, the torches sparkling every few seconds. The sun was setting and I found myself in his room.

I gazed upon his empty desk, frowning. His chair was a good distance from the book, and a book on the floor; it looked as though if he had left in a hurry.

Curious, I stepped forward and walked to his messy desk, soon, my eyes landed on an unfamiliar map which was rested open. Fixing the book which covered the edge of the map, I looked at it with surprise.

It was that Marauders' Map that Harry was talking about in Hogsmeade.

How in the world did it get to his office? Did Professor Moony confiscate it from Harry?

My eyes were drawn from the numerous classrooms and places around the castle. I saw Percy Weasley in the library, Padma and Lisa were in the common room, Flitwick in the duelling room, Fred and George in Moaning Myrtle's bathroom.

"So this was the map Harry was talking about." I said to myself.

I looked to the surrounding grounds with wonder and amazement, and there near the Whomping Willow were Harry Potter, Hermione Granger, Ronald Weasley, Sirius Black, Remus Lupin and Peter Pettigrew grouped together.

What was going on?

I pinched myself and blinked. I looked at the map again to make sure that I wasn't imagining their names on the enchanted banners on the map. But as I looked closely again, I wasn't imagining at all.

The names didn't change at all and they didn't move away from each other.

Peter Pettigrew. Sirius Black. This wouldn't end well; and it probably didn't start well.

I remembered that Scabbers was actually Pettigrew. Harry, Ron and Hermione with the Marauders, they probably know the truth by now.

My eye caught the sight of Professor Moony's name. I gasped as I saw it, and felt the map sliding from my hands and as it fell on the tip of my toes. My eyes caught on the full bottle of Wolfsbane Potion on the desk.