30: Sweet Dreams Part II

I feel like I should mention that this genius idea came to me while watching Avengers. Not that it explains anything.

The sight of the world made JoJo want to cry. Buildings were crumbling apart, the sky wasn't a beautiful shade of blue. Everything almost had a orange-yellow ting to it.

" Stay quiet." Bexley said as a reminded, a bow in hand. JoJo then noticed how everyone either sported bows or knives.

" Here." Nick noticed her glance, passing her an extra knife.

" We don't use automatic weapons?" JoJo whispered.

" Not unless you want the whole valley knowing our location." Ben said next to her. She glanced over at him, meeting his eyes. It took everything in her power not to kiss him.

They walked through the wasteland quietly, trying not the make themselves known. JoJo caught sight of a deformed animal.

" A lot of them look like that now." Sky stated, ushering her along.

They made their way into an abandoned building. Well, it wasn't exactly abandoned. An arrow whizzed past JoJo's ear, causing her to dive.

" The hell-" Bexley drew her bow.

" Who are you?" A voice called. One that JoJo knew all too well.

" Cara." She smirked. As she said it, the familiar brunette emerged from the shadows.

" And you know my name how?" Cara held her bow threateningly.

" Long story short, I hit my head really had and now my memories are screwed up." JoJo shrugged.

" Right." Cara nodded slowly.

" What are you doing all alone?" Sky asked.

" My team got killed a few days back, I've been on my own ever since." Cara replied, lowering her bow.

" Oh, we are not about to believe her." Maya scoffed.

" Maya, shut your mouth before I weld it shut." Nick said shortly. Maya looked to Ben.

" Just, let Bexley and Josh decide." Ben muttered. Maya crossed her arms with a huff.

" I buy it." Josh stated.

" Me too." Bexley nodded in agreement.

" Wait really? I got interrogated." Natalie laughed.

oOOo

After the team got back, JoJo strutted up to Josh.

" Did you trust her because of what I told you?" JoJo asked.

" Yep." Josh beamed.

" Then why did Bexley?" JoJo knit her eyebrows.

" Cause he told me." Bexley matched Josh's smile.

" Wait, you trusted Cara because of JoJo's dream? She's obviously crazy, why can't any of you see that?" Maya swooped in.

" Because you don't just dream about a complete stranger." Nick deadpanned.

" But she was dating, no, married to Ben. That's absolutely absurd! She's so not up to Ben's standards." Maya continued. JoJo glanced towards Ben, who was giving Maya a hard stare.

" You know, you do a lot of talking." Natalie muttered. Nick jabbed his fingers into her side playfully.

" Hey." She laughed.

" Fine, don't take me seriously. But she's a liar and she's crazy." Maya sneered at JoJo. JoJo drew in a breath, sweeping out of the room. She made her way back to the cot she woke up on. She laid down, squeezing her eyes shut.