45. The bet

A week later......

Taehyung, Jimin and Seokjin were the only people who could open Jungkook's door without having to knock on it. 

Poor Jungkook, who had missed a lot of meetings and important stuff in the past month because of various reasons, was completely piled up with a lot of work. 

He barely even had the time to breathe. Even though Seokjin did a lot of work for the two of them, he still had a lot of meetings left to attend and a lot of deals to consider and look into. 

Not to mention, the slack in his employees' work in his absence. 

He didn't even notice his husband enter his room until he felt long fingers rub gentle circles on his temples. 

He closed his eyes and relaxed into the touch. "Thank you, Tae" he said, sounding almost like a moan. 

"You are stressing yourself too much, Kook. Do you want me to help you?" Taehyung asked without taking his hands off Jungkook's temples. 

"No, no, it's okay. I'll do it. You just keep doing this" Jungkook said, pointing to Taehyung's hands. 

Taehyung bent down and placed a kiss on his head. 

"Just shut up and share your work. Or did you forget the vow you did to the priest already?" he asked. Jungkook laughed out loud. 

"I did not forget, baby. I just don't wanna burden you with my work" he said. "I'm gonna be upset if you keep drawing a line between you and me like this" Taehyung said and Jungkook could almost hear the pout in his voice. 

"Okay, okay, I'll let you help me. But let's go and have lunch first" Jungkook said, getting up from his chair and turning back to kiss Taehyung. 

"Do you wanna grab a drink tonight, Tae? It's Sunday tomorrow, anyway" Jimin asked during lunch. "I am staying back to help Jungkookie in the evening. Let's have it some other day" Taehyung said. 

"Okai-" "Or I could join you guys too" Jungkook said. "Kook, are you crazy? You really have a lot of work!" Seokjin exclaimed. "I know, hyung" Jungkook sighed. 

"Can we postpone this to next Saturday? I will try to finish all of my pending work by then" Jungkook asked Jimin. 

"Okay, then. I will stay back and help you too" Jimin said. "Bu-" "Shut up and let me help my lil bro" Jimin shut Jungkook up. "Okay" Jungkook sighed again. 

"But Jin hyung, you HAVE to go home. You worked a lot in the past month. We weren't there for the last ten days, so I am letting them help me. There is no wa-" "Chill, chill. I'm not gonna stay. I know the limits of my own body, Kook. Also, I was planning on proposing to Namjoon toni-" 

"WHAT?!?!?!" Jungkook, Taehyung and Jimin yelled together, making every person in the room turn towards them. 

"Shhhhhh" Seokjin immediately silenced the three of them frantically. "If any of you three breathe a single word of this to Namjoon, I'm going to eat you raw" he threatened. 

"Eww, gross. Just show us the ring, hyung" Taehyung grimaced. 

"Oh my god, oh my god, oh my god, oh my god, oh my god" Jungkook chanted as he got up and cradled the tiny box in his hands, looking at it like it was the most beautiful and precious thing ever. 

"He is gonna accept, hyung! Oh my god, I can't believe you are gonna be engaged soon!!" Jungkook exclaimed, trying hard to get his shit together. 

"Don't go and cry now, Kook. And I don't know whether he would accept this or think it's too early to get married" Seokjin said. "Hyung, what's the bet that he is gonna sob?" Jimin asked. 

"What?! He is NOT gonna sob!!" Seokjin exclaimed. "Yeah, what's the bet?" Jimin asked, putting his fork down on the plate. 

"I'll buy you all the games of MindCraft if he sobs" Seokjin declared, knowing it wasn't gonna happen anyway. "Perfect! And I will bear the wine expenses for your wedding if he doesn't sob" Jimin said, smirking at him. 

"Deal" Seokjin said. "Deal" Jimin agreed. 

"You are crazy" Jungkook said, pointing to the two of them. "Good morning" Jimin said and smirked at Jungkook. Seokjin burst out laughing. 

"What about you, hyung? How's your relationship with Jeongyeon going?" Jungkook asked. Taehyung snorted immediately, making Jimin choke on his food. 

"We....umm...we...did...uhm..." Jimin cleared his throat, turning an alarming shade of red. 

"I think we got the answer we wanted" Seokjin teased. 

"Shut up, hyung! Hurry up and finish your food" Jimin exclaimed and shoved his chopsticks into Seokjin's food before stuffing them into his mouth messily. 

Taehyung and Jungkook were in tears as they rolled around in their chairs. They just couldn't stop laughing as Jimin kept stuffing food into Seokjin's mouth. 

"Oh god, seriously. You guys are crazy!!" Jungkook exclaimed again and got up. "I'm going back to work. Jin hyung, you go back home and get ready for it. I'll take care of everything here" Jungkook said, still holding his stomach because of the pain. 

"U' sho'?" Seokjin asked with a lot of food in his mouth. "Gross, hyung! And yeah, I am sure. Just go" Jungkook said and left with Taehyung, who was still snickering every now and then. 

The day passed by really quick and they fell asleep in Jungkook's room before they knew it. 

Jungkook and Taehyung woke up to Jimin's loud squeals. They groaned due to the discomfort of falling asleep on the company couch. 

"What is it, mofo?" Taehyung groaned. 

Jimin, who was standing on the couch with one of his hands in his hair and the other around his phone, bent down and thrust his phone into Taehyung's face. 

It took some time for Taehyung to register what he was looking at. 

"OH MY GOD, OH MY GOD, OH MY FUCKING JACKANGEL, OH GOD, JIMINIEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!" Taehyung yelled, jumping onto the couch immediately. 

"What the hell?!" Jungkook asked, not knowing why the two of them were dying. 

Jimin threw his phone at Jungkook. "LOOK AT THAT, OH MY GOD!!!" he yelled and began to pull his hair. 

Jungkook threw the two of them a judging look before looking down at the message Seokjin had sent him. 

"Go home and login to start playing. Hope you have a great time with the new games :D"

"OOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH" Jungkook dragged his exclamation and scrambled to reach his phone that was lying on the teapoy. 

"CONGRATS, HYUNGG!! I AM SOO HAPPY FOR YOU, OH MY GOD! I AM REALLY VERY HAPPY FOR YOU, HYUNG!! CONGRATS!!!" he yelled right after Seokjin answered the call. 

"...Thanks, Kook. I actually stopped by the company after everything cause I knew you would be there, but you guys were sleeping. So I just bought the games for Jimin and left. And yeah, Jimin won the bet" Seokjin said and Jungkook could practically hear the grin in his voice.

"That's great, hyung! Tell me all about it later, okay? I am really very happy for you" Jungkook said, grinning widely. "Thanks, Kook. I have to go, now. I'll talk to you later, okay?" Seokjin said. 

"Oh, no, no, wait!! Tae and Jimin hyung want to talk to you too" Jungkook said and passed them his phone. 

The two of them congratulated Seokjin for getting engaged. Jimin taunted him for losing the bet, but Seokjin was kinda happy Jimin won the bet. 

It just showed him how much Namjoon loved him and wanted everything to happen. 

Jungkook sighed happily. 

'Another wedding soon, huh?' he thought.