𖧷 𝗲𝘅𝗵𝗶𝗹𝗮𝗿𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻 𖧷

hello friends before this chapter starts i would like to !! firstly thank you for 8k reads?? like holy shit?? secondly, as pointed out by a reader, i would like to apologize for not more often using they/them to address cassidy!! i have a few characters address her as such, but since they do use she/they i understand it should be used more interchangeably, and i will do my best to fulfill that! thirdly, and most importantly!! i would like your input on how quickly i should wrap up this book. i have a few things planned out, but i am looking for opinions on adding another era of issues or fighting between tommy and cassidy? this one would be more serious and probably take up at least 3-5 chapters, but it would seriously lengthen the story and give me more opportunities to give you an idea of how strong their relationships are with her friends. i also definitely plan to write more after this!! so nearing the end of the book i will ask who y'all would want me to write with, so keep that in mind!! i may even be down to do an "x reader" fanfic so yeah. i'll think abt it.

tldr: i would appreciate if you all could respond to this or put up a comment telling me how you'd feel abt another larger fight / keeping this story going a bit longer!! anyways, sorry for my rambling!!

the long chapter i promised IS THE NEXT CHAPTER JUST SO U KNOW!! love y'all. thank you truly for all the support, xoxo <333.

-cooper

—-/-/-/-/-/////———-//-/—-//—/-/—///-/-

"fellasss," he purrs, giving us a smirk. "cmon, get in the car. it's fair time baby."

i find myself sitting in between tommy and tubbo once more. i sigh, resting my head on tommy's shoulder.

"how do i always get stuck in between these two?" i groan, pressing my hand to my forehead in a dramatic show of  exhaustion.

"because you're all children." wilbur laughs, giving us a glance back.

we'd been driving for awhile now, maybe 45minutes. and we were only halfway there. in the first ten minutes tommy had already sat up and stuck his head out the window, waving aggressively to noah, who was driving the car behind us, tubbo had nearly cried over losing his bee pillow, when truly it was right in front of him, and i had stood up, sticking my entire body out of the roof window and waving to minx, who was in the passenger seat of the car noah was driving.

of course we had all gotten ourselves told off by wilbur, who slammed his hands against the wheel and told us that "he swears he'll turn this car around if tommy doesn't pull me down right now."

about thirty minutes into the drive, we'd already had to stop for food. wilbur handed me money, saying "i trust them the most. tell her what you want and they'll go in and get it." needless to say i left the car very triumphantly, but wasn't as victorious when i emerged, seeing as i had to carry all the snack and drinks on my own.

and now here we were. 45 minutes into the drive, with 30 more to go. my monster nearly already gone, and my peach rings 1/4 out. i sigh, swinging my legs over to rest on top of tommy's. "play maaarriooo kart with me on my swiiiiitch" i groan, giving him a gentle smack.

he sighs, reaching for the controller i held outstretched to him. i prop the console up on his freakishly long legs, making sure it was pressing against the seat as well so it wouldn't fall.

he rests his arms on my thighs, using his controller to pick what track we would play on first.

i feel myself tense up, the tip of my ears burning at the simple action.

"you okay?" he whispers, looking at me, quirking his eyebrow.

"oh! yeah." i mumble, tucking my hair behind my ear. i feel stupid. i'd known tommy for maybe a month and him just touching me caused me to get all flustered.

my mind wanders as we play our round, wishing i could remember the night on the beach. i had silently decided not to ask tommy about it, and much to my dismay he never told me.

something within me longed for something to be present within the confines of tommy and i's relationship. i couldn't deny that there was a desire within me to be able to hold tommy. to be able to play with his hair and tell him how much he meant to me. to be able to kiss tommy.

i feel my face burn up again, and i shudder.

i wasn't safe, even in my own brain. surely tommy felt the same, he kissed me too. it wasn't a one sided thing.

i snap back into my thoughts as tommy wins the race. he screeches in victory, and passes me his controller so i can pick the next track. i shake my head, handing it back to him. he tilts his head slightly, before clicking the joycon back into the switch. he picks up his phone, holding it with one hand, keeping the other rested on my leg.

i feel my phone buzz, and i pick it up.

—/-/-/////———-/-///———//-/——//—/

toms <3
what's wrong cassie?

it's nothing tommy, i'm just a bit overwhelmed atm.

toms <3
well, you wanna talk about it? we have about 20 minutes.

we can if you want?

toms <3
oh so it's got to do with me?
cassidy if you wanted to talk about us you could've just asked.
i can see you looking at my messages, are you nervous?

yes tommy i'm nervous.
what was the night at the beach like?

toms <3
i mean. it was. it was really nice.
we went for a walk. it was funny, you were so high, you could barely even stand on your own.
yknow that song by joji? slow dancing in the dark? that played.
we sat on this little concrete square area under a bridge. and you turned to me. and i kissed you. twice technically, i guess.
but i did kiss you.
it was like nothing i'd ever felt before. really.

i'm sorry.

toms <3
what are you sorry for?

for forgetting. for being so blasted that i can't remember. for kissing you when i wasn't me.

toms <3
cassie, what are we?

what do you want us to be?

toms <3
i think we could be whatever we wanted, if we really tried.
i'm here cassidy, but i'd rather not do it over text.

—//-//——-/——///——-//-//——/—-//-//—-

i sigh, shutting my phone off and setting it back between my thighs.

tommy turns his off as well, giving me a glance and smiling. i notice the pink tint on his cheeks.

"you're cute" i whisper, just loud enough for him to hear.

"you're cuter." he says, winking.

i feel my face explode with warmth. i smack my hand over my mouth, coughing a bit.

he gives me a smug look, and unbuckles our seatbelts, pulling me onto his lap. i notice wilbur give him a stern, but approving look through the driver's mirror.

he wraps his arms around me, craning his neck slightly to allow me to lay my head on his shoulder, which i do.

"rest, if only for 15 minutes." he says, giving me a squeeze.

i nod, pressing a soft kiss to the side of his neck and closing my eyes.

fluff 4 u all. anyways love u all kisses thanks again 4 all the support!!!