Chapter Fourteen - Unwanted Exes

~

Layla's POV

~

Monday morning rolls around again much too quickly. Homecoming is this Thursday and everyone is buzzing with excitement. Our homecoming is being held quite late this year, on the 29th of October, when it usually happens earlier in the month. Halloween is really close now as well and everyone's excited about that. Liam is throwing a Halloween party this Saturday at his house. We also have Monday off for some big teacher meeting or something. Very good timing if you ask me.

Although I have a free period this morning, I still decide to go to school at the normal time to study in the library for a test I have later today. When I finally find a free parking space, I swing in and turn my car off, the music cutting off abruptly. Stepping out of my car, I pull up my black jeans to meet the bottom of the blue shirt I'm wearing.

I walk into school and start down the hall, immediately spotting Reece, Liam and Mark with Amanda at her locker

I walk into school and start down the hall, immediately spotting Reece, Liam and Mark with Amanda at her locker. I guess Anna must be busy or something. I quickly walk over to them, catching Amanda's eye. She gasps dramatically when she sees my shirt. "That's my top!"

I furrow my brows and look down at my shirt in confusion before looking back up at her. "It is?"

"I lent it to you last month, remember?" She frowns as she stares at the shirt, "Why does it look so much better on you than me?"

I laugh, "Well if I remember correctly, you still haven't given me back my pink shirt."

"What pink shirt?"

"The off the shoulder one with the floral pattern? It's ruched and-"

"Oh! That one!" Amanda laughs sheepishly, "Yeah, I kind of forgot that was yours."

I smirk, "So we're even?"

With huff she nods, turning back to her locker, "Yeah, that's fair."

I grin, finally setting my attention on the three boys who have been in their own conversation since I arrived. "Hello, boys."

They turn their eyes to me simultaneously, smiles on each of their faces.

"Blondie! How was your weekend?" Liam asks, pulling me into a hug.

"It was fine. I spent most of it studying for the Calc test we have sixth period." I tell him as he lets me go from the hug.

I watch his eyes widen, "We have a Calc test?" His eyes turn to Reece and I follow his gaze. "Did you know about that?"

Reece shakes his head, "Not a fúcking clue."

I sigh, "You boys are hopeless. I'm planning to study in the library during my free first period if you want some help, Reece?"