Chapter 22 ➼ ℋ𝒶𝓀𝑒𝓁𝒹𝒶𝓂𝒶

𝒸𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝓉𝓌𝑒𝓃𝓉𝓎 𝓉𝓌𝑜 ➼ 𝒽𝒶𝓀𝑒𝓁𝒹𝒶𝓂𝒶

𝒸𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝓉𝓌𝑒𝓃𝓉𝓎 𝓉𝓌𝑜 𝒽𝒶𝓀𝑒𝓁𝒹𝒶𝓂𝒶

ANGELINA'S HOOD HOVERS OVER HER EYES as the brown horse that she sits upon trots behind Lexa. Roan rides right beside the girl eyeing her every so often as she remains quiet. Angelina had awoken that morning in a panic as her dreams haunted her every time she closed her eyes that night. The dreams weren't vivid, giving Angelina no room for interpretation, but all she could put together was that something bad was going to happen. Something soon.

Roan had woken as Angelina sat straight up in the bed gasping for air. The only thing that he could do to calm the girl was hold her tight with her head resting on his chest as she listened to the steady beat of Roan's heart.

Rain steadily falls over the group in a mist as they lead the cart that carries Queen Nia's body back to Arcadia, whose name had been changed to Angelina's understanding.

"Thinking about home?" Lexa's soft voice catches Angelina's attention as she watches the girl before her turn to glance at Clarke. The blonde looked as spaced out as Angelina felt. The said brunette turns to her soulmate, sending him a reassuring smile in which he returns.

"Thinking about whether Arkadia is home," Clarke responds. Angelina could agree, though she knew that without a doubt that Arkadia would never be her home. The ark's leadership didn't want Angelina around before and she sure wasn't sticking around now, not when she found a family of her own. "When I left it had a different name. I was different." Clarke sighs.

Neither of the two sky girls had been back to the ark's ground after they originally left for the fight against the mountain men. Angelina admits, there were times when she sat in the forest alone and missed Octavia enough where she debated spying on the camp to catch a glimpse of Octavia to make sure that her person was okay. She was glad that she didn't. Now, Angelina associates the feeling of impending doom in her chest with herself returning to Arcadia.

Or so she told herself.

"You left a hero to your people. And you return one," Lexa says before turning behind her to glance at Angelina. "You both did. The Mountain Slayers return with the body of the Ice Queen."

Angelina stays quiet on the matter. She hasn't spoken of what happened at Mount Weather since her break down during her reunion with Roan.

"You bring them justice," Lexa tells the blonde, turning to grin at the brunette behind her. Her red cloak that usually rests over her left shoulder, peaking out from under her armor, rests comfortably  wrapped over her head shielding herself from the rain.

"You bring them justice," Clarke deflects.

Lexa grins as she says, "we bring them peace."

Angelina glances to Roan, catching his eye as one of Lexa's guards stops, holding his arm out as he yells. Lexa pulls her horse to a stop as she gasps. Angelina looks to Roan, who wears a look of horror on his face as he can't tear his eyes from the field before him. Angelina leads her horse to stand beside Lexa.