Chapter 10

"Hey guys!" Yeji yelled out, panting as she came running into the deli that was surprisingly empty on a Friday night.

"Took you long enough, unnie," Ryujin teased, as she took a bite out of her bacon and cheddar cheese sandwich.

"It's okay unnie, relax, Ryujin here just can't stop being a bitch sometimes," Chaeryeong rolled her eyes playfully while Ryujin pouted at her not-so-subtle jab.

"Have you eaten?" Yuna asked, for once being a little more mature despite her being the youngest in the group.

Yeji took a seat beside Chaeryeong, nodding at Yuna's question, as she tried to steady her breathing.

"Where's Jisu?" Yeji asked through her heavy breathing, realizing the reason she was even coming to this party wasn't even there with them.

"She'll meet us there, unnie, she's going with Soobin," Chaeryeong answered, finishing the last bite before continuing, "and before you start to worry again for god knows why, relax. As we said nothing is going on between them."

Yeji bit her bottom lip in frustration and worry. 

But there wasn't much she could do, at least not right now.

"Alright, are we all done?" Ryujin asked, dusting off the bread crumbs on her hands, crumpling the wrapping paper her sandwich came with and throwing it inside the bin, making sure the table they had eaten off of was spotless, which Chaeryeong and Yuna followed.

"Whose car are we taking?" Yuna questioned, a little too excitedly.

"We can use mine. I don't think I'll be drinking that much tonight," Yeji suggested, dangling her car keys on her index finger.

And so the 4 got in Yeji's car, a black Toyota Fortuner that she had bought when she arrived back in Korea, as they drove their way over to Kai's house.

-----

The party was already well on its way when the 4 had arrived, the music blaring loudly while the neon lights illuminated the night sky around in 7 different shades of pink, purple and blue.

Their arrival was greeted with loud cheers from the crowd of students who all recognized them as the star players from yesterday's match, whether it was from watching the game itself or having heard of them through word of mouth, which was most likely the case as they were definitely the talk of the town at the moment.

It was Yuna's first college party and she would be lying if she claimed didn't feel slightly intimidated. 

It was different compared to high school. 

There were lots more people, and unlike high school where you would be able to recognize others one way or another whether it was from class, the hallways, the cafeteria, or a mutual friend of a friend, it was a common sight to hardly know anyone in college parties.

While Yuna would usually be excited and appreciative of people cheering her on, often finding it to be a good source of motivation and energy for her, the number of strangers that greeted them with high fives and fist bumps started to feel a little overwhelming for the 18-year-old freshman.

Ryujin noticing that her girlfriend was being unusually quiet and even timid if she could say so herself, offered her own hand to Yuna who immediately help onto it like there was no tomorrow, their fingers interlacing with one another, as they made their way over to the table where all sorts of drinks from soda to alcohol had been prepared.

This was one of the countless reasons why Yuna loved Ryujin. 

The way Ryujin could make Yuna feel safe at the touch of their hands made Yuna fall that much deeper for the blue haired girl.