|13|

"You wanna hear something funny? I don't really do the whole spider thing," I mutter, staring at the large spider that had decided to come out and play with the other small ones that were still crawling towards us. Well, it was more like they were coming out to fucking kill us. "Like, I really don't do the whole spider thing. I mean, I'm pretty sure that this species isn't actually considered to be a direct descendant of spiders, but I can't remember the actual name of the species right now, so we're gonna stick with calling them spiders until I remember what they're called."

"Hold on, what do you mean you don't do spiders?" Mando asks, keeping his eyes trained on all the spiders that were starting to crawl all around us, their pointy legs digging into the snow. "You can run straight at a Krayt dragon with nothing but a lightsaber but you can't handle a few spiders?"

"Can we please just go now?" I beg, taking another step back while grabbing my hilt from my hip. I flip it once in my hand, trying to ease my own nerves. 

"I thought you wanted to stay and enjoy the hot spring-"

"Mando!" I shout, looking up at him with fear in my brown eyes. The large spider suddenly roars above us and the rest of them start running right towards us. I let out a yelp as Mando grabs the frog and me, pushing us towards the entrance of the secluded ice cave. We start sprinting through the freezing cavern, trying to get away from the spiders as they started to gain on us. "Oh, I fucking hate it here."

Mando starts running ahead of all of us and I finally take that as my cue to ignite my lightsaber. The purple rod radiates through the icy tunnel that we were stuck in, the color reflecting into the ice walls as we ran past them. I swipe at the array of spiders that surrounded us, not wanting them to get anywhere near me, but the fact that I could hit them with my lightsaber meant that they were already way too close for comfort.

I start running faster, but before I could get too far ahead of everyone, Mando grabs onto the back of my collar and yanks me back just in time for a large leg to crash right through the ice roof above us. I let out a shaky breath and then quickly move around it, starting to run against as Mando shoved me forward. 

As we run, Mando takes out three charges, throwing two of them onto the wall while throwing the last one out behind us. All the explosions go off, breaking through all the layers of thick ice. We both turn around to see if the charges did any real damage, but all it really seemed to do was make it a little easier for the large spider to get through to us.

"Well shit," I mutter under my breath, quickly whipping back around to start running again. "What the hell are these things called again?"

"Does that really matter right now?" Mando shoots back at me, trailing a little closer behind me. 

"No, but it might help keep my mind off of the millions of other little spider-looking fucks that are all trying to kill us right now," I say, continuing to run. I quickly shut my mouth and decide to stay in my own mind for a little bit, trying to think of the name of the spider-like creatures that were chasing after us right now. "Krykna. They're called Krykna," I say, the name finally clicking in my head.

"Well, thanks for the little lesson on creatures of the galaxy, but I think we have more pressing matters to deal with!" he shouts back, starting to run a little faster than me. He continues to shoot at the Krykna as we ran together. I slash through them all the same, trying to keep a level head as I continued racing over the snowy path. 

We soon make it back to the ship and just as I was about to dash inside, one of the Krykna shoot its webs at my arm, trapping my hand and my saber to the side of the ship. Another takes the opportunity to jump at me, but Mando shoots his hand out and catches it, easily crushing it with his gloved hand.