It's A Compromise

Kara- the week of Christmas

Lena tugged her coat on, shivering at the coldness outside. Alex was teasing Maggie about her height, earning a severe glare from her fiancee. I quickly packed the bags into the trunk, shutting it closed before walking over to Lena and wrapping my arms around her. She smiled at me gratefully.

"You're so warm," she laughed. I nodded, pressing a light kiss to her neck. I heard the snap of a photo as we each spun around to see Alex wielding a camera, holding it up to her eye as she continues to snap photos of us.

I hid my face into Lena's neck, "Alexxx," I drew out the 'x' in my sister's name, whining as she began to take a video of Lena and me. Lena chuckled, leading me into the backseat of the car. Alex was the designated driver, and Maggie would obviously sit in the passenger's seat. 

As the drive commenced, Lena leaned her head on my shoulder as Alex and Maggie continued their conversation. We were going back to Midvale for this week- for Christmas week. We did this each year. 

Last year, we weren't able to celebrate Christmas, so this year was Lena's first time having an actual Christmas. At first, she wasn't very fond of the idea, but with some puppy-dog eyes and pouts from me, she caved and let me bring her along.

She was sitting on my left in the backseat, and my left hand was on her right thigh where it belonged. Alex turned her head back to check on us, noticing my hand and scolding, "Hands, Kara! Move them. Not in my car." Maggie snorted.

I grudgingly moved my hand down to her knee, looking back at my sister and sassing, "Is this better?" With an eye-roll, Alex nodded and continued her driving. As soon as she looked away, I put my hand back on my girlfriend's thigh. Lena laughed.

Lena muttered under her breath, "Naughty, naughty," I stifled a laugh.

The CEO raised her head from my shoulder and whispered in my ear, "Why is your sister such a hardass?" I bust out laughing, getting a side glance from Alex through the mirror. Maggie started laughing with us.

"What's so funny back there? Got something to share?" my sister questioned knowingly. I was about to speak, but Lena beat me to it.

"Nothing of which you should be concerned about, Agent Hardass," she replied in a cool manner. All Maggie, Lena, and I started laughing while Alex gave us the stink eye.

.

.

.

"Kara Zor-El Danvers! Alexandra Eliza Danvers! Magaret Ellen Sawyer! Lutessa Kieran Luthor!" 

The four of us (Lena, Alex, Maggie, and I) shared a scared look before Alex responded meekly, "Yes, mom...?"

"Why did you not tell me that Lena had a miscarriage!" Eliza fixed us each a motherly glare. I sank in my seat at the couch. 

I hesitated with my response, "It uh... slipped our minds, Eliza..." In reality, we just didn't know how to break it to Eliza that she wouldn't have a granddaughter/grandson. She thought that Lena was pregnant- which she was, but then Lex happened... and yeah. 

Lena glared at me for my response that no one bought. Eliza gave me the mother look, and I could hear Alex laughing silently to herself.

I sighed, "Fine, we didn't know how to tell you." Eliza nodded in satisfaction.

Lena smirked before whispering into my ear, "Good girl." I sharply inhaled before standing up.

I announced, "I- I'm gonna go grab us drinks. Alex, can you help?" My sister nodded, joining me in the kitchen before speaking.