Chap 33 - The Truth of Duncan

Are you ready for the big bomb?! Be prepared. Don't say I didn't warn you later. 😉

This is a VERY big change. I'm evil. You will see. 😈

Aerowyn's pov
_______________

Me and Artorius were headed towards the dungeons when we got to know Duncan is awake. However, we were stopped by Dahlia's voice.

"Aerowyn! Alpha! Wait!"

We turned around to see her running towards us. She came and stopped before us.

Taking a deep breath, she said, "I saw a vision."

"what's it about?" I asked. She looked at me straight in the eyes. "Duncan." I felt the hair on my arms straighten at it as a shiver ran down my neck. I have a feeling things are going to change. Either they turn good or turn even worse than it already is.

"take me with you. I need to see him for myself." she said. Artorius nodded. We all headed towards the dungeon. There we met Carlos and Jaxon, along with some others. They nodded to us in respect and we did the same.

Carlos lead us the way. We went to the deepest of the dungeon before stopping in front of a cell. The rotten smell almost made me cringe in disgust but I'm used to this.

"he is inside there. He isn't fighting the chains. It's like he is lost in some thoughts. He has been like that ever since he woke up." a guard said. I nodded.

Artorius told them to open the door. And they did. We entered.

Just like the man said, Duncan just sat there. Lost in his world. His face showed sorrow, confusion, worry and pain. He isn't trying to fight the chains. Hell! He isn't even moving if isn't for the raising and falling of his chest when he breaths.

What the hell?

I looked over at Artorius. He also looked at me confused. It's like Duncan can't even sense our presence near him.

I cleared my throat a few times and that doesn't seem to catch his attention either.

So I did the first thing that came to my mind.

I turned on the shock machines that's connected to his body. He screamed both in pain and shock. And when I turned it off he looked at me. I smirked, "oh so you finally realised you have visitors."

He scowled at me. But when his eyes landed on Dahlia, his eyes widened.

"an oracle." he gasped. I was a bit taken aback by how his voice sounded. It sounded different from the Duncan I used to know.

"so Duncan." I called his name. He turned to me and started struggling the chains. Wow. So now he decides to try.

"I'm going to ask you a few questions. And you my dearest brother are going to answer them honestly." I said. "no." was his only reply.

"hmm.. Let's just go straight to the point. Shall we? Question number 1. What are you exactly?" I asked looking at him dead in the eyes.

"that question I can answer. Hehe. I'm the one known as Darkness." he said with a sly smirk.

"are you really it? Or maybe something in gold?" I asked. I saw him stiffen at once. His eyes snapped at me. He narrowed them.

"how? How did you finish out?" he hissed.

"you really should have known not to fight others near mine and Aerowyn's pack." Artorius said.

"fuck this. I won't play around. I want the answers." I growled.