28

"That took longer than expected." Seth said when I joined my friends at the table.

"It did?" I asked with a shrug. "Hmm, weird."

"Weird?" Melba scoffed. "You were gone for thirty-five fucking minutes."

"What were you even going back to get?" Seth asked. I frowned at him. "You said you forgot something and that's why you needed to go back."

"Back to the common room?" Nate questioned, eyes landing on me. "I didn't see you when I left."

"Well that's because—"

Nope.

I had nothing. I didn't know how to excuse where I had gone. I had to tell them that I was giving Fred a new chance but I didn't know when or how.

"Fine." Nick scoffed, acting offended. "Don't tell us. Just don't tell your best friends where you magically disappeared off to."

"Why's your hair wet?" Nate reached over and touched the tip of my hair which was the only part that hadn't dried properly from the spell. His eyes drifted to the entrance to the Great Hall where Fred entered while tightening his tie. Then he gasped. "Jules!"

I bit my lip, nervously looking down to avoid their eyes.

"Oh my god!" Melba exclaimed when her own eyes had drifted off to where Fred was. "Julie you dirty whore."

"What?" I frowned. "Hand me the plate of pancakes please?"

Nick picked up the plate and after I grabbed a pancake and placed it on my own plate, he put them back down.

"You and Fred had sex, didn't you?" Melba asked. "Where? In the fucking lake?"

"No." I muttered. "In the prefect bathroom."

"Wait one second!" Seth held up a hand. "That sheet of paper he wanted me to give you. The note. Please don't tell me that was an invitation to sex because that means I gave you that message and basically sent you up there to get laid."

I rolled my eyes at the dramatic tone in his voice and cut into my bare pancake.

"No comment." I said, guiding a piece of pancake into my mouth.

"That's why you look so different." Seth said. "You haven't stopped smiling since you sat down. Must've been some great sex."

I rolled my eyes and put down my fork to drink some juice instead.

"Did you at least remember to use protection?" Nick asked. "Wrap it before you tap it."

"Don't be silly, wrap your willy." Melba joined with a small smile.

"Avoid the dread, cover your head." Seth laughed.

"Cover your stump before you hump." Nick said and I let out a sigh, shaking my head.

"I hate you all." I told them. "And I'm still on the pill so we didn't need a condom. Now can we stop talking about sex? I want to finish breakfast so I can get to the library."

Nate and Seth exchanged one glance and then all hell broke lose when they started singing individually on turn.

"Don't be a loner, cover your boner—"

"If you're not going to sack it, go home and whack it—" Nate took over from Seth before Seth took over again.

"If you go into heat, package your meat—"

I looked at Melba and she grinned at me. She wiggled her eyebrows at me and I rolled my eyes dramatically before looking at Nick who was just as embarrassed.

"Especially in December, wrap up your member—"

"Sex is cleaner with a packaged wiener—"

"Don't make a mistake, cover your snake—"

"Can you stop now?" I asked but they ignored me and continued to sing, loud enough for students to look and teachers to stop eating.

"Drawer your pip, then split her lips—"

"Stop the stream before you cream—" I immediately clamped a hand over each of their mouths.

"I think we get it!" I told them. "So please shut up."

"You're a buzzkill." Nate pouted, removing my hand as Seth removed the one over his own mount and Nate and nudged me with his shoulder. "We're having some fun."

"Yeah. Nothing wrong with that." Seth agreed. "So what? Let me ask you something... you and Fred are having sex now? He cheated on you. Don't you think it's wise to be sleeping with him?"

My jaw tensed as my throat tightened. If he reacted like that to me sleeping with him, how would he react to know I had taken him back and that we were going to try again?

"It's just sex." I muttered. "And it's none of your business, Seth. Just leave me alone. I don't wanna talk about it."

Melba snickered and I when I looked at her with a raised eyebrow, she simply shook her head.

"I'm sorry but the way you said that... you sounded really Scottish."

"I am Scottish." I told her with a small chuckle.

"Yeah I know." She rolled her eyes playfully. "It just came off a lot stronger and it was funny."

I inhaled sharply.

"Right. Does anyone care to study with me during the free lessons?"

"I've got some Herbology homework." Melba nodded before she looked at Nick and Nate. "You two are coming as well. Otherwise you'll never finish it."

"What— I'm almost finished." Nate said with a certain look on his face that showed he was lying. "Alright. I haven't even started yet but I promise I was going to!"

"Sure." Melba nodded. "You were planning on doing your homework and guess what... I'm straight."

She gasped dramatically and I grinned as Nate rolled his eyes at her before stealing her pancake. Melba's eyes immediately went wide as she looked at him.

"Have you got a fucking death wish?" She asked. "You can't just steal my pancake. Especially when it was on my plate!"

"Watch me." He cut into the pancake and guided a piece of it into his mouth while keeping eye contact with her. She put down her fork and knife, then stood up on the bench, earning attention from the different tables.

"Miss Striker." Professor Sprout's voice sounded through the room but Melba ignored her as she suddenly in one swift movement stepped over the table and attacked Nate with a scream leaving her mouth.

"Oh dear Merlin." I sighed. She always had to make such a fuss about a stupid pancake. Nate shrieked in a high-pitched tone and shielded his face from the punches he received to his shoulders and chest. "Melba—"

"No no—" Seth gently grabbed my arm when I went to stand. "This is fun. Let's just watch."

"Miss Striker!" It now came from Professor McGonagall who made her way down to our table. "Get off of Mr Twig this instant!"

Melba sighed but then stood up, leaving a laughing Nate on the ground.

"I'm sorry Professor." Melba smoothed out her uniform. "He stole my pancake."