23.

Winter woke up feeling warm and cozy. Simon was all nestled in her arms, snuggling his face in the crook of her neck.
She listened to his soft snores and smiled. Not wanting to wake him up, she tried to get up quietly but Simon tightened his hold on her.

With a raspy voice he said, "I still want to sleep...."

"....."

She knew he was not going to let her go, so she obediently gave up the idea of getting up.

To have Simon waking up in a good mood every morning was a good sign for everyone in the mansion. A moody and cranky Simon only meant facing his wrath for no reason.
So Winter could only give in to his demands and it became a daily routine for her to make sure that he woke up happily.

A lot of things had happened yesterday yet everything seemed calm and normal today.

Winter closed her eyes and saw the one person she was afraid of thinking about. Theodore. Her heart sank heavily. If only he had not taken her under his wings....if only she was not born, she wouldn't have hurt the people she cared for the most. It wasn't her intention at all.

She couldn't help but worry that Theodore would hurt himself or others. She feared thinking about all possibilities. Will things ever be the same for them again? Will he forget her as time goes by naturally? So many scenarios popped on her mind.

If Theodore can be happy without her, she wouldn't wish for anything else but that for him. As of now, Simon had her and there was no way that even Theodore could break in through the Royals' heavy system easily.

She felt uneasy deep down without being able to say goodbye but all may have been for the best, she thought.

She prayed sincerely for this rough and harsh time to pass away soon.

"Let me go Theo...you have to forget me." Winter mumbled softly to herself as her tears spilled uncontrollably.

"Winter.....Winter..."
Simon shook her until she woke up.

Squeezing her eyes open, Winter saw Simon on top of her just like a little puppy wagging its tail waiting for its master to get up and play with it.
She had drifted to sleep without knowing while thinking about her worries.

"What time is it Simon?"

"It's past 8 o'clock...."

Her pink lips formed a small 'O' making Simon unable to resist himself from kissing her.

He kept on kissing her until she was out of breath. He laid on top of her for a few seconds relishing the sweet moment and smiling inwardly because he had missed these moments very much.

Winter patted his shoulder signalling him to get up.
"Let's go have breakfast...."

"Hmmm...." Simon kissed her one last time and got up.

The whole day Simon stuck by her afraid that he wouldn't see her.
It was only in the evening that when Winter took a nap did Simon leave her.

Butler Lee had come to call his young Master about the security upgrade. Unwillingly did Simon leave her side because he couldn't ignore this matter.

Sitting inside his office, he listened to the briefing presented by his head bodyguard. For now, he seemed satisfied.
"It won't be long before Belardus make a sneaky surprise or we don't know what he will do. So, I want double the men on every floor."

"The tighter the security, the better it is."

The head bodyguard nodded his head.

"Also, I want a new layout for the back door of the mansion. I want attention there too. Are the new ammunitions ready?"

"Yes, Young Master. It just arrived this morning. It is in the forge. It is yet to be inspected. We are still waiting for your order."

"Good. I'll inspect it myself tonight. You may leave."

The head bodyguard bowed his head and exited the room.

"Butler Lee?"

"Yes, Young Master."

"No one is allowed to visit the mansion from tomorrow except the people living here. Any person who goes out shall have to be thoroughly checked again before he or she can enter again."

"Consider it done Young Master."

"Get Ian for me. Tell him to track down Mia. That bitch needs to pay for her sins." Simon smirked.

Since Winter was safe and sound by his side now, he did not have to worry about causing havocs. The universe was on his side.