A Chicago Love Story (Part 18)

~Von's POV~
I woke up at around 11am cus I heard my moms yellin for me. Mama: "Boy youn hear me yellin for you??" Me: "Yea, I was boutta get up. Wassup?" Mama: "When did you get home last night?" Me: "I came home during the day. I'm surprised Kayla ain't tell you." Mama: "I thought you was stayin wit Laiya baby..." Me: "Yea we got into it... we good tho Ma." Mama: "Mhm yall betta be. She the only girl you been wit that I like. Come downstairs and getchu something to eat." I walked downstairs and everybody was standing in the kitchen getting something to eat. My granny was doin dishes, my granddad was pouring my lil brother a glass of juice, Kayla and Durk was eating and Ian know where my Dad was. Me: "Mama where's Pops?" Mama: "He left for work a lil while ago. If yo ass had gotten up earlier, you coulda talked to em before he left." I made my plate and went back upstairs into my room. I just locked my door so Kayla wouldn't come in. I was still tryna think on when to call Laiya cus ion be knowing what time she go to sleep unless I'm there with her. Me: "Mann maybe I should just leave a message..." My mind was all over the place. I called up Quan to see if he was free so we could hang out at his crib. Quan: "Fashoo come thru dawg. You kno I gotchu." I grabbed my keys and walked downstairs. Granddad: "You goin to see her?" Me: "Naw. Imma go see Quan for a lil bit then come back." Granddad: "Ight Grandson... Be careful."

I left and got to Quan's crib in 20 minutes. He opened the door as soon as I pulled up. Quan: "Wassup witchu?" Me: "Shidd ain nun goin round here mane." Quan: "It's weird seein you walk around without Lai Lai on yo side😂." Me: "Yea this shit don't even feel right. Imma prolly call her when I get back." Quan: "She came out wit me nd Mani the other day. She was all quiet nd shii. Had her headphones in and wasn't talking to nobody." Me: "Yeah that's how she was before me nd her started talkin." Quan: "She barely ate anything too." Me: "Depends on where you took her. She luv some chick-fil-a so if yall went there, she woulda ate." Quan: "Damn bro😭. I need more info on Mani not Laiya." Me: "Mann my mind been fucked ever since that arguement.." Quan: "Look like she hit you in yo face 🤣." Me: "She sholl did. That lil girl got hands no cap 🤣." We sat in his room and smoked for bout an hour. Quan: "Bro yall hurt each others feelings." Me: "Whatchu mean?" Quan: "Ion wanna say too much but she feel real bad. Like it's her fault." Me: "Mann..." Quan: "You better talk to her today. She don't know if she wanna call you or not." Me: "I know... Imma prolly call when I get home." Quan: "Aye bro, can you run me to the store real quick? I need sum more wraps nd sum to drink." Me: "Fasho." I grabbed my jacket and we walked outside. We got inna car and drove to the corner store that was a lil bit up the street. I was scared I was gon see Laiya there cus Ian kno where she be at. I hopped out and walked in the store. I grabbed some juice and waited on Quan. Quan: "Ayoo I need sum Russian Creams." I put my stuff on the counter and paid for it. Quan was acting a mfn fool innat damn store. Me: "Ight come on dawg I gotta go home." Quan: "Bro it's only 2pm." Me: "So?" Quan: "Nigga you act like you got a curfew. You can stay at my crib for a lil longer bro." Me: "I gotta make a phone call." Quan: "Ight you can make it downstairs or sum. Youn gotta go home for allat. I kno you stressed bout allat wit Lai but relax bro." Me: "Ight dawg.."

I took us back to his crib den he said "You can sit in the livin room and make the call if you want to." Me: "Ight I preciate it.." I sat down on the couch and dialed her number.

~Laiya's POV~
Momma came in my room at around 12 to wake me up because she said "Ion want you sleepin all day doin nothing. You gon get up and do something." I got up and got in the shower for about an hour then I got dressed and did my hair. I walked downstairs and made myself a bowl of cereal. I was sitting at the table scrolling thru Instagram then JoJo came over to me. JoJo: "Lai Lai. Lai Lai. Laiya. Laiya. Laiyaaaa!!" Me: "What JoJo?" JoJo: "Whatchu doin?" Me: "Eating." JoJo: "Whatchu eating?" Me: "Some cereal. Do you want some?" JoJo: "No. You got games on yo phone?" Me: "No." JoJo: "Why?" Me: "Cus ion want em." JoJo: "Where's yo boyfriend?" Me: "He's at his house. Why you askin all these questions?" JoJo: "What's wrong?" I got up and put my bowl in the sink and walked in the living room. Me: "Nique get him please. I'm not tryna get in trouble for yelling at him." Nique: "JoJo stop buggin folks!" Gramma: "Josiah bring yo ass here!" He walked over to Gramma and she sat him on the couch. Nique: "You good Lai?" Me: "Yeah. Do you know where Mani is?" Nique: "She still sleep." I walked upstairs and went in Mani's room. I picked up a pillow and hit her with it. Mani: "Chillll!" Me: "Get yo ass up🤣." Mani: "For what??" Me: "Cus if Momma told me to get up you gotta wake up too." Mani: "Uh no." She rolled over amd put the pillow over her head. Me: "Get uppp!!" Mani: "No." I walked out and went into Momma's room. Me: "Momma can you tell Mani to get up?" Momma: "That girl ain't up?" Me: "No." She got up and walked in Mani's room. Momma: "IMANI!" Mani: "Huh?" Momma: "Get yo ass up it's 1:30pm." Mani: "So?" Momma: "I'm not gon tell you again lil girl. Don't make me get yo momma."  Mani: "Man I'm up." She walked out and shut the door. Mani: "You do too much." Me: "And? Get up." Mani: "I'm finna take a shower." Me: "Imma be in here when you get out so put yo clothes on in the bathroom" Mani got up and threw her pillow at me. Me: "Come on mane 😭." She left the room and I sat on her bed and got on my phone.