First Battle

Year 850 

"You trainees passed the graduation drill! You are now first-class soldiers! This will be your first ever operation, but we expect you to contribute!" 

*SHUFFLE SHUFFLE*

 "Remember what I taught you ." I hear a voice call out behind me as a get my gas canisters prepared. 

"Yeah, I got it." I turn around to see Jean. 

"Really? Cause it looks like you are about to shit yourself." Jean says, holding his hand out. 

"Insults? Now? Really?" I say, taking his hand and hoping to my feet. 

"Okay, I get it, not the right time," Jean says, looking down. 

I roll my eyes and smile at him. I walk away to go get blades and as I take my first step I get a tug on my jacket putting me to a halt. 

"Hm?" I turn around to see Jean looking at me with a plain yet sad expression. 

"Just don't die on me." My eyes widen at his words. 

"Same goes for you. I wanna be able to beat your ass again!" I say squeezing his hand. 

------------------------------------- 

I see Mikasa and Eren gathered around Armin. 

"Are you okay Armin?" Eren says, placing a hand on his shoulder. 

"I-I'm fine! Things will get settled down soon!" Armin says, shaking. 

"S-Still! This isn't a good situation! We have an eight-meter high hole in the wall and we have no plan on how to fix it quickly." Armin says. 

"I saw a huge rock that could plug up the hole. But even then, it would be too heavy for a whole army to pick up!" I say, placing a hand on Armin's hand to control his shaking. 

"This town will for sure be abandoned! And only after that, it will only be a matter of time before they get through Wall Rose. And if the titans really felt like it...They could end the human race right here right now or at any time!" Armin continues. 

"Armin! Calm yourself!" Eren shouts at Armin. 

Armin settles himself. "S-sorry... I'm fine." 

------------------------------------- 

"Just like in your training. Each squad will take a different street. You're under Garrison Command. Your duties are to support, communicate, slay the titans, and anything else that is needed! The Garrison will take the vanguard. You, trainees, are middle guard and the Garrison's Elite unit will be rearguard." The commander says. 

"Oh, and as you're aware, deserting in the face of the enemy is considered a capital offense. Be prepared to sacrifice your lives, people!" The commander adds.

"Dismissed!" We all salute. 

"Yes, sir!!" All of our arms were set at rest. 

I rushed over to find Eren and Mikasa. 

"If the battle starts to get out of hand, find me," Mikasa says, pulling Eren by the collar. 

"Huh?! But we are in different squads." Eren says sternly. 

"Things don't go the rule book in certain circumstances!" Mikasa says. 

There was a brief pause. "I'll protect you Eren!" Mikasa says.