Chapter 56

A pitch black abyss still consumed my mind.

My body ached terribly, I was convinced I'd been hit by a truck. A cold and hard surface lay under me. I definitely wasn't in my hotel room anymore.

A groan left my mouth as I sat up, my head throbbing mercilessly. I forced my burning eyes awake, to see that I was in a dim and dirty room (or more like cell).

Lifting my arm the sound of metal scraping against the concrete floor made me alarmed. I had been chained to the wall, and not in some regular chains. These were thick and chunky chains that looked impossible to escape through.

"Fuck." I exhaled realising I was screwed. The cells in my family's house didn't look like this, if Theo even had the audacity to lock me up.

The sound of footsteps coming towards the door made me look at it, and the door swung open. A middle aged man with red hair entered in a dark green suit. He had an evil smirk on his face as he looked down at me.

"Hmm, so you are as sexy as they say." His eyes scanned over the giant shirt of wore of Enzo's, and then down my legs making me feel revolted.

"Not when my hand uses a blade to cut your dick off." I spat.

"And loudmouthed." He snarled. "Good thing we captured you when your brothers pathetic men attacked my boss's hotel. You were drugged, so unfortunately you couldn't feel any pain when we beat the shit out of you in here."

"Who the fuck are you?" My hoarse voice asked.

"When my boss sees you he's going to fucking destroy you and your pathetic family."

My eyes caught side of the skull tattoo on the side of his neck, it was exactly like one Enzo had. My eyes narrowed with a realisation, and I scanned the man. "Emiliano?"

"That's my boss, and we call him Mr Santini you whore."

"Santini's." I breathed. I was captured by Santini's. "Enzo would know about this. Bring Enzo here!!"

"Lorenzo has no idea. Thanks to you, he's gone off the grid and your fucking family are after him. And if your brother lays a hand on our Capo, you'll be the simple beginning of the biggest war between the two mobs."

I silently listened to him, but all I really absorbed was the fact that Enzo was off the grid. That was incredibly dangerous for him, and it was all because of me.

The man who many would think doesn't have a heart, ripped it out and out it on display for me. But I stepped on it like the cold bitch that I was.

Leprechaun man finally left and slammed the metal door closed.

I tugged at the chain, inspecting it to see if there were any weak parts of it but there were none. The chain looked like it was made to hold a titan.

"You really think you can keep me here?!! Do you know who raised me, you bastard?!"

I've been kidnapped and held captive before, but every single time I escaped and made it back home all by myself. Who says I can't escape now?

I looked around the room as I made a plan in my head, but then my eyes got heavy. Stay awake Shy, don't close your eyes.

It was too late, because I fell unconscious again as darkness covered my vision....

I bolted awake again to the sound of the door creaking loudly as it opened, and the same man entered except he was wearing an ugly blue suit instead.

"Great, what do you want?" I scoffed.

"Careful, you won't get your meal if you keep talking like a bitch." He said and someone walked in behind him holding a tray of prisoner food.

I acted like I didn't care about the food, but on the inside I was so happy to see it. My hunger was eating me alive.

The person laid it down on the ground, but I remained unfazed. He then pulled out an injection and headed toward me with it.

"Just a little to weaken you." Redhead snarled.

I blinked feeling dizzy at the sudden shot, but soon regained my steadiness.

As soon as they left I grabbed the sandwich on the tray and ate it like I hadn't eaten in days. Well, it could have been days since I arrived here.

As soon as I finished the sandwich, I drank all of the water in the little bottle and sat back. I was starting to feel lightheaded again, I wondered what that stuff was they injected in me.

My eyes grew heavy within seconds, here we go again.

———

"Hey, wake the fuck up!" Someone yelled before they violently shook me.

It was a built man with an eyepatch, and seeing he was bigger than the scrawny old man in the willy wonka suit, I assumed it was his bodyguard or something.

The old redhead and his man entered. "You can close the door now Winston.

"Pfft, Winston." I scoffed. "Of course it's Winston."

"Now for a little chat." The man said. "Tell me the location of your father and brother."

"No."

"You don't have a choice, you see this spear I'm holding?" He took a sharp and long metal spear from behind him and raised it up to show me.

"This will go right through your stomach if you don't talk." He snarled. I remained unfazed by his threat, but I suddenly felt my food rising from my stomach.

"Shit." I muttered before I threw up in front of me.

The old mans eyes widened. "What the fuck is wrong with you?!"

I groaned in pain, feeling so nauseous and tired. I just wanted to be in bed and sleep for hours. The man opened the door and popped his head out, calling out for someone.

"I need a fucking cleaner." He called out. I laid my head back, imagining that this was all a bad dream and I would soon wake up in bed with Enzo holding me...

~ENZO POV~

I'd been driving for 6 hours now, and had no intention to stop.

It was night, and all I could imagine while driving down this highway was Shy sitting alone waiting for me.

"Fuck." I cursed at myself for thinking about her, my hands gripping tighter onto the steering wheel. I needed to forget about her, I wasn't going to see her again.

I always wanted her, I knew it from the beginning. I still wanted her, and with me for the rest of my life but what was the fucking point if she didn't feel anything for me?

I knew I'd never get her out of my mind, but at least I gave her the opportunity to live freely without me. Even the thought of her being happy at me leaving made me want to crash this car.

A heavy exhale left my mouth, I knew I didn't want to do anything stupid. I continued driving, seeing a car speed up behind me.

"Fuck." I muttered, I was being followed. That car turned into two cars, making me push on the accelerator to floor it through this highway.

A bullet smashed my rear window, and I ducked my head down while steering. This was fucking Theo Solace's work, the bastard somehow knew where I was.

But he wouldn't have known unless he'd talked to Shy.

At the thought of her, a bullet shot through, grazing my shoulder. I hadn't even thought of ducking because I was thinking of her.