Chapter 4

Dedication to everyone that's reading this story. I love you all. ❤️

"Let me put it this way. If I fall asleep without it, I'll stop breathing." Ashton explained, but Luke still looked confused.

"Wait, what do you mean?" Luke questioned.

"You know how on the bus you said every time you see me I always have hiccups?" Luke nodded, encouraging him to go on.

"And I said I had a condition? Yeah, well I actually do have a sort of condition." Ashton sighed.

"Ashton, why can't you stop hiccuping?" Luke whispered not wanting to hurt Ash's feelings. Because by the looks of it, it was a touchy subject.

"No one knows why. The doctors couldn't figure it out." Ashton said, tears rolling down his cheeks. "I'm stuck with them for the rest of my life."

Luke quickly jumped up from the floor and sat down on the bed next to Ash and allowed him to rest his head in his lap. He gently ran his fingers through his hair in a friendly gesture hoping it would help calm him down. Liz used to do that to Luke to cheer him up when he was little so he thought he would give it a go. Luke was happy to know it worked when Ashton took a deep breath and wiped his eyes before sitting up.

"Thank you Luke. You're a good person, I hope you realise that." Ashton said honestly, giving Luke a thankful smile.

"What are friends for. So, is that the reason you ran out of music today?" Ashton nodded slowly.

"I can't sing with hiccups can I? They ruin everything." Ashton huffed.

"Don't worry. Maybe you don't have to sing." Luke offered. "Can you play an instrument?"

"Yeah, I can play the drums and the guitar."

"Which would you prefer?" Luke asked.

"The drums. Definitely."

"You can play the drums while I sing?"

"Okay." Ashton smiled "Should we start now while my Mum's cooking dinner?"

"Might as well. How is this going to work? Should I write one verse and you write another, and then we can combine them?" Ashton thought that was a good idea so he got himself and Luke some paper and started working on the song.

-
-
-

"Ashton, get your gay ass down here! Dinner is ready!" Anne called from down stairs. Ash stood from his spot on the floor and Luke did the same, they exited Ashton's bedroom and walked down the stairs.

"Why did she call you gay?" Luke asked casually.

"Well, I am gay.."

"You never told me." Luke said quietly as they reached the table.

Ashton and Luke sat down across from Anne and Lauren and Harry sat at the end of the table. Anne had put platers of food in the middle of the table so they could grab what they wanted. While they were piling up their plates, Anne started with the questions.

"Have you ever done drugs?"

"No." Luke answered straight away.

"Are you a man slut?"

"No."

"Do you have any STD's?"

"No!"

"Have you ever done the nasty with prostitutes living on a corner in the getto?"

"What?"

"Are you a virgin." Anne clarified.

"Yes."