CHAPTER 01

*EDITED

"What do you mean Remus?" Lyra Black asked her Godfather, he barely visits, and when he visits he always has bad news.

"He escaped Lyra, he escaped and he's after Harry Potter," He said with a sad smile.

"Likewise," Lyra said, and looked down, "It's always the chosen one, It's Harry this and Harry that," Lyra said sarcastically, Remus pursed his lips before he gave Lyra a comforting hug.

"But on a happier note, I'll be teaching Defence Against the Dark Arts this, year Dumbledore has offered me the position and who Am I to decline, the Headmasters offer," Remus said with a bright smile.

"How about your condition?" Nymphadora said from the door frame.

"Severus will be brewing me some Wolfsbane potion while I'm there, It says to lessen the pain when I transform," He said, and looked at his watch.

"Here this was from the owls earlier," Tonks said and gave Lyra two letters.

"Two?" She asked in confusion, Fred and George gave her a letter last week, and she was just expecting her Hogwarts letter, so who could've sent her two letters.

"This one's quite odd," Lyra said looking at the parchment in her hand, the parchment was very old and it looks like it got dumped a couple of times.

As Lyra opened the letter, she curiously scanned it, looking at it for any signature on whoever sent her the letter, and when she did, she hoped she never got the letter.

"Read it out loud Ly" Her cousin encouraged, and she sighed.

"When the time comes, we'll be back together" She read it was just a few words, and by those words, she can tell that it was from Sirius.

"It's from him," Lyra said and Remus agreed, but he still looked at the letter with longing, and Lyra can't pinpoint why.

"This Letter how did you get it?" Remus asked Tonks, as he neared her.

"It was at the front door with all the other letters, that are usually given by that muggle mailman" Tonks casually replied.

Lyra gave Remus an odd look because Lyra can tell if her Godfather's having a hard time, and this one isn't an exception, but then again with the full moon in a few days, you can never tell.

'Course he's nervous, his best friend just got out of Azkaban' She assured herself.

"It means that he's still on the run, and I bet he's heading North," Remus said with confidence, even if the full Moon's coming, he seems fine.

"I'll be on my way, don't do anything stupid, lock your doors, and owl Andromeda and Ted about this", He said and Tonks nodded, then he turned to Lyra.

"I know, now that he's on the loose I have no intention to go out and find him, but a little fun won't hurt, right?" She asked with a joking smile, and Remus hit her behind the head.

"Alright, no quest, great," She said sarcastically.

'Just Like Her Father' Remus thought to himself and smiled, the girl standing in front of her reminded him so much of his so-called best friend, from the stormy grey eyes to her stubbornness, the only trace of her mother in her was her hair, and her intelligence, which was mixed with Sirius' Cleverness.

No one questioned Sirius' decision when he married Marlene, to be honest, they were shocked the other Marauders thought about it, and just accepted it, but when Marlene died, everything took a slight turn.

"I know that he's out and all, and I guess that you won't let me go to Diagon Alley by myself?" Lyra asked and Remus smiled.

"As long as the Weasleys are there, I'll let you go by yourself," Remus said and Lyra smiled at him.

"You're the best Godfather anyone could wish for, thank you," Lyra said and Remus smiled back.

"Could be the father if Sirius wasn't a wimp" Tonks muttered and Remus heard it and that caused him to nudge Tonks.

"What?" Lyra asked looking at the two with a smirk, she always thought that the two could be more than friends.

"Nothing," Remus said in a hurry "I should be going, I'll see you at Hogwarts," He said with a small smile.

"I'll see you in Hogwarts" She repeated, and Remus walked away, Seeing Remus walking away always reminded the girl about the day her father left, he was very anxious back then, getting his wand, and rushing out of the door leaving her with Andromeda.

"We should get ready, Mum and Dad expect us tonight," Tonks said and Lyra smiled, still clutching the letter, Tonks looked at her then sighed.

"I know it's hard, but at least give me a smile, I know you're going to be affected by this controversy your father made," Tonks said and gave the younger a hug.

"And besides that letter's a bit crappy, I reckon it wasn't from him, maybe that mail guy got it confused," Tonks said and Lyra smiled at her.

"Thank you for always being there Dora, I don't know what to do without you, and Remus," Lyra said closing her eyes, wishing that all of this was just a dream and her father was back at Azkaban.

"You reckon why he's after Harry?" Tonks asked Lyra.

"I bet ten galleons that he's after that daft boy, it's another year, and It means trouble, again, ever since that Potter kid went to Hogwarts everything took a turn, I mean there's trouble for the past two years!" Lyra said and Tonks sighed.

"All right get ready, we'll be off in ten," Tonks said before she left the room.

'I didn't say it earlier, but this year I'll protect, Potter, this feels like my responsibility, because he's my Father" She thought to herself before she got ready for dinner with Andromeda and Ted.

----------

This is my First Fanfiction about Harry Potter, and I'm not that good at English so don't expect that much from me.

-WolfStar