Chapter 8: Well, That's Not Good

Draco's POV:

FUCK! Real smooth, Draco... You idiot.

"W-What?" I heard a small peep, and I looked at Epona.

Her head was tilted slightly to the side,  an innocent look in her eyes. Her eyebrows were furrowed in confusion. Wait- Does she not know what kissing is?

I sighed in relief, "It's nothing. Just... an inside joke between a friend and I." I tried to laugh it off.

Thank Merlin for her being in a coma the last fourteen years. I escaped a life time of embarrassment. She stood there just looking me in the eye for a minute. She looks so damn cute. I inhaled sharply. No, Draco. You barely know her. You can have whoever you want. Don't try and settle for a girl who you probably won't even speak to when you're older. 

Eh. Doesn't mean I can't admire her. We don't have to be anything. I just don't want her with that Weasley.

Epona cleared her throat, "Well, I'm gonna get going. I need to go use the bathroom. Bye, Draco." She did a little wave and turned around.

"Bye, Epona."

She turned to face me, a smile-glare type thing, "For the last time, Draco Malfoy, call me Effie." And with that she walked away.

It's like she purred my name out. Does she not even realize she's flirting with me? God Damn it. I told myself I wouldn't get distracted this year. And especially not by the twin of my enemy.

Not that anyone thought she would wake up....

After The Game:

Epona's POV:

I flopped on the mattress and immediately fell asleep. For some reason, that game really took the energy out of me. Hopefully I'll be awake in time for some star gazing at 3 AM. I made a playlist for it.

I felt the sound around me fade away, and I was brought into a completely pitch black place.

I rubbed my eyes, knowing this place all too well. I sat down, waiting for the woman to show up. Instead, a scene appeared before my eyes.

There was a house, and there was a person - more like thing - looking at it. They burst through the door with the flick of their wand. They swiftly entered inside, and I heard yells, coming from the upstairs. The figure ran into a man, who seemed to be in panic, standing protectively in front of a room.

I instantly recognized the man from the photos Harry showed me.

"Dad?" I stood up, only to see him crumple to the floor lifelessly. 

I felt tears stream down my face. My feet were glued to the floor, as I saw my mother stand in front of a crib, and all of a sudden, there were cries of anguish. But not from my mother. From the second crib. There was a flash of light. A scream. And I saw my mother on the ground, dead.

My hand flew up to my mouth as I sobbed, my voice getting caught in my throat. I saw a broken crib, and one fully intact. I saw the baby on the floor, and it's eyes changed from a dark brown to a pale blue. It was me... Then all of a sudden my eyes slammed shut, and my breathing almost stopped. I screamed.

I felt something like fire and knives pierce my skin, and drill into my. I couldn't move. I couldn't escape whatever torment I'm going through.

"SOMEBODY HELP!" I heard myself scream, but it was drowned out.

I heard a male whisper in my ear, "no one can."

I woke up, drenched in a cold sweat. I looked around to see my friends and brother sleeping. I grabbed my phone, put on some socks and shoes, grabbed a hoodie, and walked outside. I decided to go up near the woods. I needed some fresh air.