Chapter 17

"so guys any love interests?" Hyejin asked her two friends with a mischievous smile. It was the weekend and the three friends went out to a local boba shop before a movie in a couple of hours. Shinrae sat down silent as she drinks her milk tea. Sun Oh and Shinrae turned to look at eachother as they drank. She can't help but to recall on what happened in the house. She was also thrilled on how he handled her rejection well.

"nope," he began to respond as he placed his drink on the table. Hyejin let out a sigh as she crossed her arms on the table.

"its so hard," she started.

"what?"

"you know, being in love with someone who's way out of your league," she explains making Shinrae smirk, thinking of Jaemin. Sun Oh furrowed his eyebrows as he turned to Shinrae.

"who?"

"lol its one of those kpop boys," Shinrae answers.

"who is it this time?" she adds while raising an eyebrow, curious about who her best friend has fallen for this time. Hyejin's eyes lighten up instantly as she began to fangirl.

"teehee, its nct dream's na jaemin," she said. With widen eyes, Shinrae suddenly chokes on her drink as she coughs. Sun Oh and Hyejin went up to their friend, concerned. Shinrae continues to cough and reaches out for her drink and began to chug it down. She finally lets out a sigh of relief as she nervously laughs at the two friends.

"you okay? what the hell happened?" Hyejin asked.

"i was trying to suck up a pearl, it got stuck on my throat," she explains.

"you're so clumsy, be careful," Sun Oh said as Hyejin went up back to her seat.
Shinrae began to sink down her seat embarrassed at what just happened. She really didn't expect such response from Hyejin resulting in a small spark of jealousy in her.

They left the boba shop minutes later as they head towards the cinema in the mall. The three walked together as they looked around. Shinrae was just minding her business then paused. Sun Oh and Hyejin noticed how Shinrae wasn't with them as they both looked back to see her standing there.

"what are you doing?" Shinrae began to smirk as she crossed her arms, pointing up towards her direction.

"they're fighting again," she said as they two looked up with a confused look. Hyejin's eyes widen as she smiled after, excited leaving Sun Oh confused.

"is that... Seok In and Mi Ra?" Hyejin said.

"who?" Sun Oh asked the two.

"our ex bestie and my ex boyfriend," Shinrae explains.

"serves them right," she added with a smile as she turns to walk away. Talking about the two, especially Seok In, he hasn't been bothering her for months now  after the incident and Shinrae has slowly recovered from it. It seems like he has been focusing on his new relationship, with Mira of course. Actually, it's more of like "trying to make things work with her" now.

"they look good together," Sun Oh joked as they to girls look at him as they laughed.

-

Shinrae unlocks the front door of her home as she enters. Right before she arrived home, she noticed that the her father's car wasn't in the garage so she assumed her parents weren't home. She placed her shoes in the cabinet as she enters the living room to see Jaemin's back facing her as he was watching tv on one of the single couches. She walked up to him, looking down to see his eyes glued on the tv.

"hey babe," she said as he turned to look at her shocked. He began to look around and stood up from his seat as he then drifted his attention to Shinrae. Jaemin began to mumble some words making her confused as she furrowed her eyebrows.