27- Tears Of First Love

Out on the street, Alana leaned against a brick wall.

Everything hurts so bad.

She was attempting to soothe her mind by giving her body a rest.
She realized it was not just the stress of the plot of her assassination, but the women around the pirates. Her heart was tightening, and she felt the salty water brim her eyes.

How selfish can I be? To feel like this for all of them... and then to have the nerve to want to keep them to myself. I am just a little girl to them, a prisoner. I have no right to be upset they are finally able to relax and enjoy themselves.
She looked up to the dusty purple sky hoping her tears would stay in.
But I cannot help it, my heart hurts thinking of them with someone else. And Leopoldo, there were so many girls all over him... was I just a one-time thing? Could he tell I was not worth his time with a kiss?
Alana felt a sob climb up her throat, and she spat it out as tears fell down her caramel cheeks. She could not stop herself, she cried ignoring the people passing by her. She cried for herself, for her kingdom, and for her wounded heart.
A sharp pain struck her forehead triggering her to look up.
"Momo...?" She tried looking through the blurry, teary vision. She could make out the mask he wore, and his red eyes glowing through the eye holes.
"What are you crying about, ugly?" The fox said bending down to look into her eyes.
"Ugly?" Alana scoffed, giggled, and sniffled.
"If you're crying about those pirates in there, don't." His nails lifted her chin. "Only cry for me." He said proudly.
Alana laughed shortly.
"Okay, Momo. I will only cry for you." She thought she was joking, but Momo took it as a serious statement.
He nodded satisfied and wiped her tears away with his thumbs, careful not to poke her eye with his claw.
"What are you doing here this time?" She asked, gently holding his wrists as he wiped.
"I heard you crying," He said. "So of course, I came to help a pitiful little thing such as yourself." He was finished with the tears but caressed her face a while longer.
"Do I really look that foolish?" She softly laughed looking down at her feet.
"As always..." Mamoru sighed causing her to laugh a little harder, but it was followed by a sniffle, causing a pang in Mamoru's chest.
"I will take you back," Mamoru said softly, lifting his princess into his arms.
Her eye's widened at his action, and she gripped his shirt in surprise.
"You- You don't have to carry me, I can walk." Alana stuttered.
"You walk too slow to keep up with someone like me." Mamoru boasted.

With a quick motion, Mamoru jumped, propelling them into the air, and Alana gasped sharply. She held him tighter and He smirked to himself. The girl was amazed that Mamoru could jump so high, so easily.
They landed on one roof, and he immediately took off for the other one. Alana quickly got over her fright, smiling as wide as she could.
It is like we are flying! Momo is amazing!
She looked over to his mask, the wind against her face made her squint, but she looked at him adoringly.
You really have become so strong, Momo. I am so happy for you.
Mamoru's movements were light and fast, carrying Alana was no feat for him, with his strength it was comparable to toting a sack of potatoes with him. Mamoru's mind was in utter euphoria caused by the embrace of Alana

Mamoru sat Alana on her bed, more so dropped her. He crouched and began to undo her sandals; she blushed and knew telling him not to would not stop him.
He had a lot on his mind and was being quieter than his usual self.
Alana watched the red ribbon on his wrist as he worked on her sandal straps.
She figured Silas had given him that to help find her, but she was sure he did not know the story behind what seemed like an insignificant hair ribbon.

Nine years ago

"I hate my hair..." A ten-year-old Alana sighed to Silas as she brushed her exceptionally long hair.
"Princess, your hair is a symbol of your status, be proud." Silas said from his spot beside her door.
He was sixteen now and wore his chestnut brown hair shorter than he ever has.
She only sighed again at his words.
"It takes so long to brush, and it gets so hot during the night... I wish I could cut it all off." She thought eyeing the drawer where the scissors were kept.
She figured what is the worst that could happen? Her parents could not kill her for cutting her hair... right?
Alana reached for the drawer, but a gentle hand landed on hers before she could touch it.
"No, princess. I love your hair." Silas said, causing the young girl to blush.
"If you dislike it so much, allow me to brush your hair." He held his hand out for her brush.
She hesitated but finally placed the brush in his hand.