Chapter 78

Another edit by WowBy3racha
Once again, thank you so much🙆‍♀️💚💚

Question of today:

What's your favorite season? I like summer the best☺ can't really stand the cold

Also, any songs you can recommend?

Completely overwhelmed, I stood there in the large room, watching in a trance-like state as the other members slowly got up as well and left the room one by one

Every now and then they would take a last look at me before stepping out the door, each of their faces telling me different things.

While some of them were pitiful and comforting, others were showing pure disappointment and a clear lack of understanding.
I didn't really know how to deal ith any ot the exressions, but I couldn't really think clearly anyways.

Instead, I bit my lower lip depressed and clenched my hands into fists before the last person left the room whereupon the door slammed shut with a loud bang.
My body flinched at the sudden noise, before I finally moved my muscles again, looking down and letting my head hang low.

I had actually forgotten it... the day of my mother's death...

The thought alone was enough to make me crumble, my hands began to shake and I automatically clenched them harder, hoping to keep them under control.
A few seconds later, however, the rest of my body began to tremble and I knew instinctively that my body no longer obeyed me.

There was a small sniffing sound before glistening tears were already rolling down my cheeks, making it feel as if the pain collected within them was slowly burning aweful marks in my skin.
Not able to support my weak body any longer, I sat back down on the closest chair, hiding my face in the palms of my scarred hands.

It didn't dake long before my muffled whimpering had soon been replaced by a bitter sob, filling the quiet meeting room of DRGNS headquarters.

The explosion was the reason why DRGNS had been founded in the first place, how could I forget the most important date in my life? No words could describe how guilty I felt in that very moment.

Guilty for not thinking about my mother throughout the last few days. Guitly for making friends with the enemy and even falling in love with one of them.

Of all the boys running around the city... it had to be the infamous Lee Donghyuck.

My shoulders trembled inexorably and my silky-black hair hung tousled all over the place as I continued to cry in utter disappointment with myself.

"What is wrong with me?" I croaked in a surprisingly rough and bitter voice, a slight hiccup interrupting my ongoing sobs every now and then.

As if the universe hadn't already noticed that I was already feeling bad enough, the phone in my still wet sweatpants suddenly vibratedm, signaling me that I had received a message.
Not in the mood to read any of them, I muted the notifications  while salty tears and raindrops of my hair continued to fall to the ground.