28- Pools of Honey, Pools of Blood

[[picture by: Pavel Filimonov]]

Somewhere outside Bizia

Men stood in salute as the imposing and intimidating aura of the newly arrived man walked through the fort. The man eyed all the guards through his glasses, unimaginable boiling wrath deep in his gut.

Silas had just arrived outside Bizia territory, at a Taycia camp for prisoners, usually spies.

The land was Taycia, and they utilized it to make Bizia look unappealing, as it was right outside where their land ended, and to keep criminals far away from the capital of Taycia.

Silas was now there to ensure that the prison was running smoothly, and the aptitude of guards running it.

As a Holy General, it was one of his responsibilities to ensure the guards under him were acting accordingly to Taycia standards. At least, that is what he was doing as far as anyone else was concerned. Silas's intentions were solely to locate information on his princess's whereabouts. The anger he felt was almost tangible, as he had not heard back from Mamoru since he informed Silas that he had spotted her in Ekapan.

When Silas arrived at Ekapan she was already long gone, and with Mamoru not responding to his pigeon posts, he was on the edge of a breakdown. Silas walked with so much poise it was hard to tell how upset he was, but he was seething.

He had not been paying much attention as he evaluated the guards, as he was waiting to ask the prisoners for any information. Silas figured if he did not get any useful information from the prisoners, he would travel through Bizia out of uniform in search of his dear missing princess.

Princess, it has been over a month... I have not stopped searching, not once. Are you okay? Are you eating well? Are you in danger? I miss you so much, my princess.
Silas thought to himself as a young guard led him to the jail cells, they were dingy and in poor condition. Just how Taycia wanted it.
He searched through the bars to all the poor souls who ended up here.

"Leave," Silas ordered the young man who stood near him making him jump.

"Ye-Yes, Sir, Holy General, Sir." The young man wasted no time in escaping the suffocating atmosphere around Silas.

Silas looked at all the cowering men and women in the cells, they looked near skin and bones, caked with grime. The smell was a whole other issue that Silas could not be bothered by.

"I will make a deal with any of you, filth." Silas finally spoke firmly. "I will release one of you," The prisoners sat up straighter at his words. "If you have information worthy of such a reward." He finished, pacing in front of the dirty cells.

"I want to know the whereabouts of a fugitive," He continued, letting the heels of his boots click against the ground sending a daunting echo through the jail. "She is tanned skinned, brown eyes, dark hair-" Silas was almost wrapped up in his description of Alana, thinking of her after being away from her for so long made him feel faint and lost.