Chapter 15B

*Yong's POV*

I felt empty without Aivi by my side. I was worried about her after my charm was set off the first day. After that, I suspected she took the hairpin off. I knew she was stubborn enough to do it. She wrote often but if she was in any trouble, she never told me. I knew she didn't want to worry me, but I knew she wasn't telling me everything. I had to admit, I felt slightly jealous of Tase. He'd gotten closer to Aivi, taking his role as her godfather seriously. As soon as our Royal Father heard the rumors of Aivi, both Tase and I were summoned into the Royal Hall. I bowed with Tase as we stood under the throne.

"Greetings, Royal Father... Royal Mother," we greeted our parents. Our father, the Emperor, grumbled an acknowledgment before looking to Tase directly.

"There have been rumors recently. They say that Second Prince's goddaughter who enrolled at Heavenly Cloud is a one in a million talent with god of gods potential. Son... when did you adopt a daughter?" He asked. I got nervous for a moment but I kept my emotions hidden.

"Replying to Royal Father, on my way back from the Mortal Realm, I found a seedling left alive from the war with demons at the Northern Territory. It turned out to be the deceased Northern General's daughter. Her human form was taken from her during the battle. I took pity on her and cultivated her into a fairy. Being as she was the daughter of the decorated war hero, adopting her seemed like a suitable choice to honor the deceased. I found her so likable and talented, I wanted to cultivate her in a proper setting. I took her to enroll at the Academy soon after she took her human form. She's enrolled as the only ever all-faction student," Tase explained.

"You have quite the eye for talent if that's the case. I've never heard of a student having a god of gods potential, let alone study all factions. When she graduates, bring her to me and we'll confer her the official title of Royal Daughter of the Second Prince. But you can't have a daughter before a wife. You've been arranged to marry the daughter of the Western Sea Lord for a while now. I think it's time to begin planning for that. Servants! Have someone send the betrothal gifts," our Royal Father instructed. I knew how Tase felt about the arranged marriage. He didn't like it but he didn't dislike it either. It was something to be expected with our status. The Western Sea Princess wasn't bad at all. She was graceful, magnanimous, and beautiful. A very timid immortal. Tase bowed, accepting his fate.

"Thank you, Royal Father," he bowed.

"On to other matters, the demons have been causing trouble at the River of Forgetfulness. A few have dared to even cross the boarder. While your wedding is being prepared for you, I want you and the Crown Prince to take half of the Imperial Troops and take control of the situation," the Emperor instructed.

"Royal Husband, we need to prepare a quick but grand wedding for Second Prince. Are you sure you want to send him away whilst also preparing his wedding?" Royal Mother asked. As innocent as the question sounded, I knew her true intentions. She wanted me to get the accomplishment myself to solidify my title as Crown Prince. I was the youngest son with two older brothers, but when I was born, there was an auspicious sign in the sky and my true form was the Golden Dragon, effectively making me the Crown Prince, but it was still anyone's game. My First Brother, Atlas, was currently taking over the war efforts in the Northern Territory. I wasn't as close with him as I was with Tase, but he had his own achievements and mostly kept to himself.

"It'll be fine. You'll be doing the planning anyway," my father dismissed my mother. I was my mother's only biological son. Atlas and Tase came from my father's consorts in the Harem, but my Royal Mother held the title of Empress. Her title was only solidified when I became the Crown Prince. Ever since then, she had been greedy for more.

"I'll abide, Royal Father," I said, cutting off any more talk from my mother.

"Dismissed," my father waved us off. We bowed before leaving the Royal Hall. Outside of the hall Tase sighed heavily.

"Sorry, I didn't know these events would lead to pushing your wedding up," I apologized to him. Tase only smiled easily.

"Don't be sorry. I treat Aivi like my real goddaughter. I'm fond of her and I want to protect her too. If getting married is all I have to do to keep Aivi safe, I'll do it," he replied. I felt grateful for his help, but I also felt something else.

"I'm a little jealous at how much she relies on you. Why won't she rely on me the same way?" I admitted my true thoughts.

"She understands your status here. She's trying her best to stand on her own so she can be a better match for you in the future. She doesn't want anyone to question her worth if she stands next to you. She relies on me now, to be fully yours in the future. Don't take it to heart. She treats me as her real godfather just as I treat her as my goddaughter. I have no other intentions other than to dote on our Little Flower," he explained.

"Thank you... for helping me take care of her," I said with relief. Tase put a hand on my shoulder as we continued walking.

"You love her and I love you, so of course I'll help you," Tase promised. I felt relieved having a brother I could rely on with a situation like this.