~ 36 ~

~ Chapter Thirty Six ~

"Kaida wake up."

The soft sound of someone's voice was calling out to me. It sounded smooth and masculine. He didn't sound upset or anxious. He was patiently calling my name over and over.

But how come I can't open my eyes? My whole body is numb as well. I can only see the shadows behind my eyelids and hear the quietness surrounding me once more.

Did something happen to me? I can't remember anything before darkness had taken over. All I recall is my name.

"Kaida, you have to wake up."

There it is again. That voice who's been trying to get me to wake up from my slumber. But who is it?

I felt a sudden splash of cold water landing on my face. My body's automatic response was to spasm in surprise as my arms came up to my face. I quickly blinked and rubbed my eyes to get a clear view of my surroundings.

Not until a moment ago, I couldn't feel or move anything. But the water was like the switch my body needed to get me out of my coma-like slumber.

However, I'm more confused now than I was when I was sleeping.

I'm in a forest surrounded by gigantic trees and plants. The sky peaked through the branches here and there, where sunlight poured onto the ground. Right by my left, there was a small pond of some sorts. It was light blue and it glistened whenever the few rays of light tinkled over it.

I look down and notice that I'm wearing an odd outfit. I wore a white tube top and a white skirt that consumed the entire length of my bare legs. I didn't have footwear, yet the ground didn't hurt. In fact I barely felt the dirt beneath my feet as I got up.

I surveyed my surroundings again, hoping to find the voice of the person who was calling me earlier. But no one was around.

I wrapped my arms around myself as I felt a cold chill run down my back. This entire situation feels weird. The forest seemed familiar to me, yet it didn't look natural.

Usually leaves would be falling from the trees, or rustling about with the wind. Birds or insects should be making noises to fill the air. Yet everything was eerily quiet and still.

I began to get anxious as I walked around. What direction should I take? Where would I end up? I still don't know how I got here. Why can't I recall any of my memories?

"Kaida."

I whipped around, my eyes moved crazily from left to right. However, I couldn't find the person who just said my name.

The only thing in front of me was the tiny pond. Where my instincts were yelling at me to go near it. I had a suspicion that the voice was coming from the water.

I walked towards it. Once I was close, I kneeled to get a look inside the water. I peaked over, expecting for my reflection to come into view. But it never did. Instead, the water sparkled before showing me an image.

There was an older guy sitting next to a person laid out beside him. The dark skinned guy blocked my view of this person, but he seemed to care for them. He hunched over the person's body mumbling words I couldn't quite hear.

The guy was shirtless and barefoot. He only wore a pair of pants that contained rips and holes. He had a set of short brown curls on his head. The two people in the image were in a forest, just like the one I'm in, except it was darker there. They were next to a campfire.

Who were these people? And how can I see them through this puddle of water?

"Don't you recognize them?"