31- Call Out to Me

[[ I do NOT own the art or music. Please enjoy this chapter - L RANDY ]]  MUSIC WILL HAVE A CUE

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

"Where are these damn things?" Leven huffed, kicking a pile of leaves as the group hiked through the jungle.

Leopoldo helped Alana climb over a fallen tree, and by help, he simply picked the girl up and climbed over himself.

"They have to be somewhere, maybe they are a little shy today." Ivo chuckled.

They have been in the forest for over an hour and have not crossed a single Possessed, Alana did not mind that at all. She was rather enjoying herself.

She walked ahead of the three pirates to pace herself with Kazumi, who has not said much since they entered. She attempted to secretly look up to the pirate captain, glancing through her dark lashes inspecting his features for any tell of emotion.

"Yes?" He suddenly looked down at her, and she quickly averted her eyes back to the forest ground.

"Nothing." She quipped, stepping over a large tree branch.

"You were staring at me for fun?" Kazumi bluntly questioned, looking ahead himself as well.

"N-no, I was just wondering... how do you feel?" She asked softly so the others would not hear her question.

He looked down at her again with a pensive, golden stare.

"I feel fine." He simply replied.

"Truly?" Alana pressed. "What about here?" Alana pointed towards her heart.

"Excuse me?" Kazumi quirked a brow at her gesture.

"You might be fine physically, but are you okay in here?" She kept her hand over her heart.

Kazumi seemed to think about her question, wondering what he would define as being okay.

"I suppose."

Alana smiled brightly at his response. "I am glad," She beamed. "I don't like thinking of you being sad."

Kazumi's heart crashed into his chest. My sweet treasure...

Before Kazumi could respond his friends caught up with the two.

"Do not hog her, Captain." Ivo teased.

"I was doing no such thing. It is not my fault she enjoys my company more than yours." Kazumi replied, blank-faced as always.

Ivo's jaw hung open with a fake gasp. "I am wounded, sir."

Kazumi ignored his dramatic friend and glanced over to Alana who was taking Leopoldo's hand to cross a small stream. His facial expression did not change, but when he saw Alana his heart warmed, and he felt complete.

I will be fine as long as I can see her everyday...

"Here," Leven held out his pale hand. "Take my hand."

Alana hesitated, but grabbed onto his outstretched assistance, helping to pull herself up with the root she clung to.

Kazumi, Leopoldo, and Ivo were all ahead, climbing the steep side of the mossy, dirt-covered mountain with ease. Leven hung back to help the struggling princess, who was already out of breath.

"We are almost to the top, so don't die just yet. You should not have come if you were just going to slow us down. I am not helping you again." Leven griped as Alana got her footing on the ledge.