chapter eight

I felt an icy chill run up my spine.

"Can we go outside please? I don't want to be inside," I said.

We walked outside and the boy looked down at me, his eyes unreadable.

"What do you have to say? I have some filming i need to get done," He stated, his gaze never meeting my own.

"Tommy, I really messed up. I, I get scared about things I don't understand, and my nerves take over me. I was scared to see any negative comments, because I struggle with negativity in my mind. I shouldn't have said anything about the views or that girls are scared of you. I was hurt and pissed, so I thought giving multiple insults back would help my pain, but clearly it didn't. And if you don't want to talk to me ever again, I completely understand. I wouldn't want to be friends with me either," I said, the tears brimming my eyes.

I searched his eyes, hoping to find a sign that what I had said reached him.

He nodded his head, "I accept your apology. But on one condition," He replied.

"What?" I asked.

A smile spread across his face. "You have to play some games at the arcade with me."

I felt an imense pressure leave my chest. Tommy and I were finally on good terms again.

We walked back into the arcade, two stupid smiles plastered on our faces.

I grabbed my coffee and walked over to where Wilbur, Tommy, and Toby were standing.

"Ah Tommy, this must be the woman you have been talking about recently. She looks exactly like you described her to me. Extremly pretty," Wilbur stated, watching as the bright red pigment floated up to Tommy's face.

"Well Wilbur. You have forgotten that she is American," Tommy muttered underneath his breath.

"Tommy can I ask, what's so bad about being American?" I asked, genuinely wondering what his response would be.

"Well, I guess I can tolerate you. It would be worse if you were Australian. They're just American's in denial."

I broke out laughing. "You can't go hating on every other country. You just hate us cause you ain't us," I said flicking the hair off of my shoulder.

Tommy and I played multiple arcade games, racing to see who could get the most tickets.

I knew Phil was filming and taking photos of our group. But at the moment I didn't care. As long as Tommy was happy, then I allowed myself to do the same.

As the afternoon progressed, I felt the caffeine where off, making me feel extremely tired.

"Tommy, you really suck at these games. You're letting me, an American and a woman win. That shouldn't happen to Big Man TommyInnit," I said giggling, leaning onto the boy for balance.

"Tubbo, Tommy do you guys wanna ask your parents if you could stay at my house this weekend? There's this video I have an idea for," Wilbur asked.

"Well, I'm sure Cam's father will be fine with it. And my mother trusts you Wilbur," Toby responded.

"Dad, can I stay at Wilbur's for the weekend? Toby and Cam will be there," Tommy yelled.

His father put  a thumb up in the air, signaling that it was okay for the boy to stay the weekend.

"When should we arrive?" I asked.

"Tonight, if you can get there by then. I have a lot planned,"Wilbur said, a grin spreading across his face.

"Cam, we can just buy you some clothing so we don't have to go home again," Toby suggested.

"If we are to go clothing shopping and buy some snacks, then we should head out now, because its almost four," Wilbur said grabbing his car keys.

I stumbled after the boys and crawled into Wilbur's car, Niki sitting in the front seat, Toby on the far right, Tommy in the middle, and me on the left.

I felt my eyes begin to get heavy.

Without even thinking, I rested my head down on Tommy's shoulder. Befire I knew it, I was sound asleep.

When I woke up, I heard Tommy and Toby's voices.

"Cam, come here. We're at Will's house. You can sleep in there,"Toby whispered.

I moved myself slowly over there, using Tommy as a cane.

I plopped down on the couch and immediately felt my body get sluggish. Without my mind even knowing it, I whispered, "Tommy, please don't go. I don't want to be alone."

Word Count~ 750