C H A P T E R 28

[28]

A L A S K A

One week.

It was one whole week since I last had a proper conversation with my bestfriends. It was like I was air to them. They don't even look at me and it hurts. It hurts so much, because I'm so fucking scared to lose them. Without them I'm nothing. Wihout them I wouldn't be able to control my emotions. I wouldn't have someone to lean onto or to talk to about my problems. I'd miss them so much. Their smiles, laughs and silly jokes as well as their yells, fury and anger attacks.

The fact that I didn't even know why they avoided me made it just ten times worse.

All of a sudden I was pulled out of my thoughts by someone bumping into my shoulder.

"Hey, what the-" I cut myself off when I found Leo staring at me.

"Leo." I breathed out and a small smile made it's way onto my lips. Now was my chance to finally talk to him. Well it's not the best way to talk to someone in the hallway of a highschool, but otherwise who knows when my next chance will be?

"Sorry." he muttered and turned around, making my face drop, but before he could walk away I grabbed his arm. He stopped and hesitantly turned around before a look of annoyance made it's way to his face.

"Seriously, Leo? Can't we talk please?"

"No. Now let go." he deadpanned and pushed my hand away before he turned on his heels and sped off.

"Leo!!" I yelled, desperation lacing my voice.

The hallway suddenly silenced and all the students were looking around in order to see what's going on. The only thing you heard were low whispers and someone chewing a gum.

"Please, talk to me, godammit!" I exclaimed.

"What's going on here?"

"Max?"

"Al." he whispered but quickly turned towards Leo and asked him what was going on whereupon I cut in.

"I wanna talk. Please."

"Oh." he said with his lips forming an 'o' shape.

"Alaska, just let it be, yeah? I- We just need more time...to process it, I guess." Leo mumbled.

"You ignored me for one fucking week!! I understand if you need time but- No wait, you know what? I don't. I don't understand why you're avoiding me like a virus. We always talked about everything, never had secrets. So what's different now?!"