Chapter 42

Sana's phone rings..

"Hello haan Sid?"... Ken answers the call..

"Yaar kaha hai woh?! I have been calling since evening!"

The fact that Ken knows about them, Sidharth doesn't have problems opening up here..

"Sid she is giving her shot.. kuch urgent tha kya?"

"Nehi baas..baat karna hai!"..says Sidharth.

"Achha I will ask her to call you back right after she comes back in the vanity.."

"Okay..bye.."

***********

After a while...

Sidharth calls again and Ken picks it up again..

"Where the fuck is she yaar?! Isn't she taking any break or what?!"

"Nehi yaar! She is working really hard! I am stumped to see such dedication Sid!"

"Usko jake bol..not in front of everyone ofcourse, that I have been calling like a nut case! Abhi k abhi aake phone receive kare!"...says Sidharth, in an irritating tone..

"Yaar! Tum dono bhi na! Achha rukh.. I will tell her.."

Ken is just about to cut the call when Shehnaaz steps inside the vanity..

"Yaar! Sana! Sidharth ne tujhe call kar kar k mujhe pagal kardiya!"

"Hayee!! Abhi toh mujhe zaroor padhne wali hai..!!"... She takes it from Ken finally..

"Hello..haan baby?!"...she speaks over the phone..

"Kya problem hai tumhe?! Itna kya kaam kar rahi ho that you are not even bothered taking a break?! Tumhe pata hai na that I wait for your call?!"..says Sidharth sternly..

"Arehh baba..?! Suno toh..!"...she tries to speak but he stops her right there and continues to scream again..

"Are you fucking showing off that you are the only one who is indulged into work and you are like too busy to be available?!... He becomes too agitated..

"Sidharth kya bol rahe ho aap?! Last week, jab main complain kar rahi thi tab toh aapne yeh bolke mujhe chup karwadiya ki kaam hai, responsibility hai, you can't just get away with it!! Ab aap ko kyun problem ho raha hain?!"...she gives it back to him..

"Problem?! I don't have any problem! You were not available for hours! And now, you are not even taking a single break!! That's where my problem is! I don't have problem with your work and I never did!"...he replies back..

"Okay! Okay baby relax!! Kya hua hain aap ko? Itna impulsive kyun ho rahe ho aap...arahi hoon baas abhi baba! Thoda sa rukh jao! Baas abhi nikal rahi hoon!"...she tries to calm him down..

"Koi impulsive nehi ho raha hoon main! Baas yaad aaya toh call karliya! Tu ja..do your fucking work..I don't need your attention!"

"Sidharth! You are doing too much now! Don't disrespect my work!"

"Disrespect?! Achha?! Ek kaam kar baby..don't come home..set par hi reh ja! Work as much as you want! No one will stop you!"...he cuts the call on her face..

She doesn't call him back either...

**********

1 hour has passed and Shehnaaz is still stuck on the road due to huge traffic..!

She arrives home, after an hour more and walks into the room. Sidharth is watching TV and increases the volume deliberately the moment she steps in! 🤣