38: Christmas Eve

" Wow." Penny gasped as they walked into the condo. They had to give it to Rich, he would always give them the best living conditions on holidays. Penny ran right up to the Christmas tree that sat in the living room of the spacious house.

" Remind me why we stay in hotels?" Ben muttered. Bexley grabbed the card that sat on the counter.

" Hope this gives your little one the Christmas she deserves. You all are doing amazing, keeping up the good work! Sincerely, your favorite producer Rick." Bexley read.

" Awe." Natalie smiled.

" Mommy, there's stockings!" Penny called.

" I see that." Bexley smiled. Sky lifted Penny onto his shoulders.

" Wanna go provoke a snowball fight?" Sky asked.

" Yeah!" Penny nodded.

" Let's go get your snow gear on." Josh said, bringing their suitcases to their room.

Penny ran out a few minutes later, played up for the snow.

" Mommy, I'm a marshmallow!" Penny announced, showing off her yellow snowsuit.

" A very cute marshmallow." Bexley laughed.

" Ready to go cause chaos?" Sky asked.

" Yes!" Penny grabbed onto both his and Ben's hands as they ran outisde, Josh and Nick not far behind. Bexley caught Cara's longing look.

" He's good with her, isn't he?" Bexley smirked.

" What?" Cara raised her eyebrows in surprise.

" Cara, you obviously are thinking about what a great dad Sky will make." JoJo laughed.

" I don't know what you're talking about." Cara shook her head stubbornly.

" Okay, you ladies ready for a busy night?" Bexley took the hint.

" You mean besides the fact that all the boys are gonna be knocking down our door?" Natalie smirked.

" And we have to prepare for Christmas tomorrow." Cara added.

oOOo

" Bexley, how do I make food?" Jeff shouted from the kitchen.

" Read the recipe?" She knit her eyebrows.

" Oh." He replied.

" What is he doing?" Natalie asked.

" He insisted upon making Christmas Eve dinner." Bexley shrugged.

" I'm sure it'll be a strong effort." JoJo laughed.

" FIRE! FIRE! THAT IS FIRE!" Jeff shrieked. They rushed into the kitchen to see Jeff hopping around the toaster. Josh unplugged it, giving Jeff an odd look.

" What was in the toaster?" Penny tilted her head.

" Well, I wanted to make garlic bread, so I-"

" Put it in the toaster?" Michael questioned.

" It's was a lapse of judgment, okay?" Jeff sighed.

" Okay, Jeff, maybe I-"

" No," Jeff cut Bexley off, " You did Thanksgiving, you shouldn't have to do Christmas Eve too."

" Can I stay?" Josh asked.

" That, is probably a really good idea." Jeff agreed.

oOOo

Jeff and Josh managed to pull off dinner pretty well. The house didn't burn down so that's a win.

" Can I have garlic bread?" Penny asked as she hopped into her seat.