Chapter 58

~SHY POV~

I jumped out of the car at the sight of Theo pointing a gun to Enzo. Once my eyes saw how injured Enzo was, my heart tore into shreds.

"Shy?!" Theo asked. I stepped in front of him, in front of the gun he held.

"You aren't going to kill him Theo."

"I am. Get back to the fucking car!" He snarled.

"No!" I spat. He grabbed my arm and dragged me to his car. Once he threw my wrist away, he glared at me with deadly eyes.

"You should have known what would happen if you got yourself involved with him!"

"If he dies Theo I will kill you!!" I said with rage and hidden desperation. My eyes started watering, but I had nothing in me to fight the tears back.

Enzo was dying. He was bleeding everywhere, and though I couldn't see him clearly from where I stood, all I could think about was how much pain he was in because of me.

Theo's eyebrows furrowed in a calculating way seeing my face. "Goddamn it." He muttered, but I looked away to hide my tears.

He grabbed my face and made me look at him. His eyes were searching for something deep within mine, but I didn't know what.

"Do you love him?" He asked with anger still in his voice.

All I could do was look at him, and when he took my silence for an answer, his face eerily relaxed in realisation.

He threw his gun on the ground, a pained look on his face as he tried holding back what he wanted to do.

My eyes widened on him him with shock. He actually listened to me. I'd remain still with surprise for even longer but I didn't waste any time and hurried back to where Enzo lay.

A car zoomed up to the scene, before a man got out - my father. He already had a look of fury on his face, and he pulled his gun out like he'd been ready to do so for a long time.

I looked at Enzo, and then at my father before it dawned on me. I jumped in front of where Enzo lay, the sound of the gunshot cutting through the air as the bullet pierced through me.

I groaned in pain, my eyes squeezing closed before my body gave in.

It all happened so fast, I didn't even know what had happened until I hit the ground next to Enzo.

"No." Enzo weakly breathed, his body shaking trying to get up.

"SHY!!???" Theo yelled in shock of what my father had just done. I heard another gunshot, but I was too busy focusing on Enzo to care.

He was in a terrible condition, his face and body bleeding from cuts. Blood running out of the bullet wound in his shoulder.

His eyelids were heavy, and getting heavier by the second. Using my arms I dragged myself towards him, screaming in agonising pain.

I pressed two fingers on his neck, checking for a pulse with all the hope in the world. It was barely there.

I cupped his face in my hands, looking into his eyes to see if there was still life in them. But there was only a drop.

And just the sight made my world come crashing down around me. I caused this, just because I couldn't admit that I love this man.

And I do love him, it might have taken me a long time to admit it but I love Enzo.

"Enzo." I breathed shakily, pushing away the pain if the bullet inside me. The pad of my thumb caressed his cold cheek. "Enzo I love you."