Prologue

10 years ago
I was seven when I found out who I really was. My mother had sat me on her knee and stroked my hair as we sat quietly in front of our fire place. The silence worried me and I became relentless, fidgeting on her knee.

"Patience Luci," she cooed. She repositioned me on her knee and let out a long sigh, "you must be patient."

I nodded slightly and tried to stay as still as possible. She cleared her throat and moved my body to face her.

"My dear, Luci...," she began, "I am going to tell you a story-"

"Yay!" I squealed, "what's the story going to be about?!"

"Luci, we do not interrupt." She said promptly. "Now, this story happened quite some time ago. When I was just in my early twenties, Earth wasn't just filled with mortal humans like myself."

I looked up at her and cocked my head to the side. She sighed once more and stroked my hair. My red coils moving softly on the palm of her hand.

"What was Earth filled with?" I asked.
"Angels. Fallen angels. The ones who wanted a taste of Earth more than they did Heaven. And demons, ones that decided to come up from Hell and cause chaos on Earth."

"There was one demon specifically. The greatest evil in human form. He was handsome, striking even. He captivated the heart of a young woman. The two loved each other immensely until she found out who he was."

My mother nostrils flared and her eyes became stern her fingers stopped stroking my hair and clenched together.
"The young woman did not care if he was a demon. She naively still loved him especially since she was expecting a baby on the way."

She smiled at me and tapped my nose.
"Her Love dwindled for the demon, when he announced he had to go. Leaving her and their newborn baby all alone." A single tear escaped my mother's eyes and she quickly wiped it off.

"To make matters worse, the Archangels were chasing out the fallen angels and demons. And the woman wasn't the only one with a child born from an immortal. The world demanded all women give up their children that were born from immortals so that could be killed to protect the world from them."

"Now everyone obliged except one,"

"Oh no! Mommy, who didn't give up their baby?" I asked.

She looked straight into my dark brown eyes and almost said in a whisper,

"Me..."

_____________________________
No one reads these but HEY EVERYONE!!! I'm so excited to be getting back into writing and this book is an idea that I've had in my head for about 2 years now! So I guess just sit back and enjoy the ride because it's gonna be a long one ♥️