12. Adore You

S T E L L A

"He seriously frenched you at Make Out Point?"

"'Frenched' is officially the worst thing I have ever heard come out of your mouth."

Gracie shrugged, shutting the passenger door of my car carefully as she held a bag of taquitos in one while holding a handle of tequila in the other. She knew I dreaded conversations that revolved around my love life, so the simple suggestion of free alcohol from her bar and greasy gas station food was all she truly needed to offer in order for me to open up and crawl out of my bed.

"Okay, I can't really say that I'm surprised, but I just thought he'd be better to you." Gracie added, walking beside me as we approached the autoshop.

"Me too." I muttered, grabbing the handle of tequila from the blue headed girl. I took a quick shot, grimacing from the taste and the awkward pour spout that was still screwed on the top.

"The way Ashton exposed him though? Major brownie points for him, and you probably wouldn't have known until later." Gracie pointed out, only to receive a slightly nod of agreeance from me.

After my eventful morning, the rest of my day left me in a bitter and quiet mood. Gracie seemed to be the only person who could tolerate it, as well as neutralize it. Everyone else I came into contact with only added more fuel to my pessimistic fire, which included Calum, Gracie's coworker, and the curtesy clerk at the gas station.

I knew that if I had one more negative interaction, it would be the last straw of my social tolerance.

"Look at you, it's 8 PM and you haven't chopped off any scrotums yet. I'm so proud of you." Gracie gleamed playfully, opening the door of the autoshop.

As if I had to be reminded of what caused my irritable mood, Luke's distant figure was framed by the doorway of the garage as he was sitting on the work table next to Calum. Gracie nearly shut the door once she caught sight of him, whipping her head back to look at me with a worried expression. I just shook my head, proceeding to walk into the shop with no hesitation. It was the fastest way to enter my house and the dread of facing Luke was slightly less than the dread I had of using the backdoor.

"Emphasis on yet," I reply shortly, causing Gracie to laugh lowly.

Calum's head perked up first, offering a simple 'hey' to acknowledge Gracie and I. Luke was quick to follow Calum's actions, only without words and darting eyes.

It seemed that Calum was unaware of his car's midnight travels, and we intended on keeping it that way. Although, I feared that Luke's need for my forgiveness was on the track of jeopardizing that.

"Hey Stel, can we t-"

"Not today, blondie."

Although I never allowed myself to lock eye contact with him, I could see the way Luke's face dropped in my peripheral vision. Calum, still unaware of our current standing, chuckled at my comment.

"Blondie." Calum mumbled quietly with a giggle, shaking his head. "I'm gonna call you that now."

"Don't," was Luke's short and cold reply.

I continued my trek to the door, noticing Gracie's hesitation as she followed me in. I shut the door as quick as I opened it, groaning in annoyance from the brief interaction.

"You've said worst things today, so I'm proud of you." Gracie nodded her head in approval as we approached my kitchen.

"Thank you, it took a lot of energy to do that." I laughed plainly, letting out another sigh.