Chapter Nine

I arrived at Dinner, sitting next to my brother by the head of the table while everyone was chatting. I apologized to my grandparents for being a bit behind as I sat down, but my grandfather dismissed it. I was always his favorite.

My grandfather stood up, tapping his glass lightly with a spoon to get everyone's attention as the people who worked for my grandparents started serving everyone their designated plates.

My family grew quiet and gave my grandfather their attention and I folded my hands on my lap.

"I am thankful for my friends, my family, everything God has given us, and Sienna. " I snickered at the sound of my name and I could almost hear the eye rolls of the rest of the family.

I'm his favorite.

"Here's to another successful year and many more. Cheers!" He said holding up his glass and everyone at the very large table held up their glasses as well before taking sips.

"I'll cheer to myself." I joked and my brother laughed next to me as everyone started eating.

"I'm surprised you're not drunk yet." My father joked, sitting across from my brother. I shrugged my shoulders, poking at my food with my fork.

"I'm on glass number...three I think," I mumbled looking at my glass of wine in front of me.

"Don't encourage her future Alcoholism Lucius." My grandmother scolded her son and I chuckled.

"Don't you worry about me, grandmother, I only drink thus much during family events. It's the only way I can deal with your sisters and their daughter's judgment." I said simply with a shrug causing her to roll her eyes.

"They are not judging you, Sienna, they're giving you useful tips." She countered, making my grandfather scoff.

"All that did was give her an eating disorder." He murmured and she glared at him.

"Eating Disorders aren't real, Samuel, they're made up for attention." She snapped quietly, trying to not bring attention to us. I tensed up at that, gluing my eyes to my plate.

"I think thousands of Doctors, Psychologists, and Scientists will disagree with you on that one, mother." My mom said, not taking her eyes off of her.

"Please, let's not argue. It's Thanksgiving." My father says lowly and I changed the topic immediately.

"You know who Aunt Carol's plus one is? The heir to the VanOrden Bank Empire. Jack VanOrden. She even talked about me and introduced me to him." I said, glancing over at Jack who was in a conversation with my cousin.

"Wait, Carol introduced you to a VanOrden? Why didn't she introduce her to her very single daughter? Carol despises you." My father said and I gestured towards my dad with my hands.

"That's what I've been saying! Just a few months ago she saw me with my plate of hotdogs that I was in the middle of eating at our Fourth of July celebration she called me an 'obese carnival pig'. Her exact words." I said as I scooped my spoon into the stuffing. My brother laughed so hard that he snorted.

"An obese carnival pig? Damn that's a good one." He snickered and I smacked his shoulder, rolling my eyes.

"I'm sure the Witch has something up her sleeve. She never does anything out of the kindness of her heart." Mother commented and my grandmother shot her daggers.

"What lovely dinner conversations we have," Father grumbled, shaking his head as he conversations eating his food.

"Oh, I should let you guys know that sometime within the next two weeks I'm going to Los Angeles for an interview and maybe filming some videos with people. Depends on what my schedule is going to be like." I said and my father nodded.

"Alright, you can use the private jet." He said and I shook my head.

"Oh no, that won't be necessary. I'm going to road trip it out. Take my truck and pack a bag." I say and my mother looked over at me.

"See if Olivia wants to go with you. I'd feel more comfortable if you had her with you. I know you're an adult and can go on your own, but it would keep my mind at ease." She said and I nodded.

"Of course. I'll see if she wants to." I said as I cleared my plate.

Dinner lasted an hour. I got to avoid my great aunts like the plague and when it was socially acceptable to leave, I grabbed my purse and walked over to my grandparents as they held a conversation with Jack VanOrden.

"I apologize for the interruption, but I'm heading home. I have phone calls to make and work to get done." I said casually and my grandfather nodded.

"Do visit us soon, Darling." He said and I nodded as well, my eyes met Jack's coincidencedentally.

"It was a pleasure meeting you, Miss. Colt." He said with a slight smirk on his face making me smile.

"Pleasure was all mine, Mr. VanOrden." I teased as I turned around and walked towards the door.

As the fresh air hit me I groaned in happiness. I could finally breathe. I couldn't wait to get out of these clothes and take off my makeup.

I walked down to my car and opened the driver's seat door, got inside, and closed the doors. Locking them all immediately and placing my purse in the passenger seat.

I used the Bluetooth in my car to call Olivia and she answered almost immediately, "Girl, give me all the juicy Colt Family gossip." She said quickly making me chuckle as I pulled away from the Mansion.

"Okay, so, the first thing that happened was that my Aunt Carol introduced me to the heir of the VanOrden Bank Empire, Jack VanOrden. Real cool guy honestly, if rich people didn't make me want to dig my eyes out with a spoon I'd consider making a move on him." I admitted and she gasped.

"Sienna, I love you but why didn't you jump all over that? The VanOrden's are as popular as the Kardashians you could have been rich AND famous." She pointed out and I rolled my eyes.

"I'm already rich and famous, Liv, don't need Aunt Carol meddling with my love life after 21 years of dragging my ass and calling it tough love," I muttered loud enough so she could hear.

"Rotten Royale is famous, Sienna Colt is an unknown member of the Colt family. The last someone heard the name Colt on the news was when your father announced he was running to be the Governor of Texas a few weeks ago." I winced at her words.

"Yes, I know, but I'm going to be doing a name reveal soon and that will change completely." I heard her audibly gasp from the other side of the phone.

"What? Did your family permit you?"

"Nope, but I've saved up my allowance from when I first started doing YouTube and posting Music on there. If they decide to kick me out I'm set." I knew it was risky, but I hated hiding who I am from my friends on the internet. I can't be me if they can't know who I am.

"Okay, well, how are you going to do it?" The hesitation was clear in her voice, but I knew she was going to support me no matter what. She's an amazing friend.

"This morning I got a call from Anthony Padilla and he asked if we could do an 'I sit down with Rotten Royale' to talk about anorexia and mental health. I agreed and within the next two weeks, I am going on to road trip to LA to film the video and spend about a week there. Wanna come?"

She was silent for a few moments and before I could ask if she was still there Olivia squealed, "I've been a fan of his for years! I would love to come!" I giggled at her words, pulling into the Colt property and typing in the code for the gates to open.

"Okay, I just got home. I'll text you the details."

"Byeee!"