Conversations, Pt. 2

very short note: if you're homophobic, biphobic, transphobic, etc, get the fuck off my page :)

April 1, 1993, 5:00 a.m.

"COME BACK AT SIX, YOU LITTLE RASCAL! IT IS TOO EARLY FOR YOUR SHENANIGANS."

"But it's my birthday!"

"Where's your brother?"

"George? He's still asleep."

"Here alone, then? Why?"

"Poppy..."

"Oh, alright."

Footsteps. A hand in hers.

(Falsetto) "Happy Birthday, Freddie!"

"Why thank you, Els."

"We're going to bring the party up here, if we can get Madame Pomfrey distracted enough. We have a whole plan. Wanted to spend the morning with you, though, before everything gets too loud."

"I miss you."

"Know I tell you that a lot, and everything, but I really do."

"It was really terrible, knowing that you could've died and we would've been on bad terms. I think about that every night."

(Whispering) "Every night."

"There's something I should probably tell you, and I know you probably can't hear me, so I'll just treat it like practice for when I have to tell you when you're awake."

A cough.

"Well, Els, for a while I-"

"Godric, I can't do this. Nope, Fred, it's fine, you've got this, okay, go."

"So I think I'm in l-"

Footsteps, a slamming door.

"There you are! We've been looking all over for you! What are you doing?"

(Hurriedly) "Nothing!"

"Happy Birthday!"

"Thanks, Jordan. Happy Birthday to you two, Georgie!"

"And you, dear twin. Shall we go down for breakfast?"

"Um, sure. Yeah."

11:00 p.m.

A very, very loud explosion.

Quick footsteps.

"Oh Merlin, Poppy's going to kill us."

"This way, ladies and gents!"

More footsteps.

Loud music. Nirvana?

"Hello, darling! We've brought the party to you, thought it wouldn't be fair to celebrate our birthday without you."

"Hermione, too! And all the rest, reckon you're all pretty lonely right now."

"HELLO, EVERYONE! READY TO ROCK AND ROLL?"

Shouts and screams. Happy, probably.

"ALRIGHT THEN, TURN IT UP, GEORGIE!"

12:05

"YOU TWO ARE GOING STRAIGHT TO HELL, PARTYING IN MY HOSPITAL WING- I HAVE NEVER-"