Talking with Sirius

Estella sat with Hermione, Charlotte, and Sienna in the Gryffindor common room.

"Harry, of all people is packing?!" Sienna whispered-yelled.

"Shh, and yes, he is," giggled Estella.

"I can't believe you told him what we read!" added Hermione with a laugh. A small book club had formed between the four of them the previous year after bonding over a mutual love of reading. No genre was off-limits.

"How was it?" asked Sienna excitedly.

"We didn't get to go that far because Ron knocked on the door," said Estella dejectedly.

"Man, he knows how to ruin a good time. I'm sure Harry was seething," Sienna said, smirking.

"Yeah, he definitely was," muttered Estella, recalling the exasperated and desperate look on his face.

"So, how was your first time, you know-giving a..." asked Hermione.

Estella blushed. "Honestly, it wasn't bad. I mean, he was really responsive when you-"

"No duh, but did he make you swallow...or at least warn you?" asked Charlotte.

"Oh my gosh, Char!" squealed Estella, nonetheless, laughing.

"What? I know you'd want to know if it was me!"

"No, he warned me and he definitely didn't think I'd swallow, that's for sure," whispered Estella.

"What are you guys talking about?" asked Ginny as she approached them.

"Nothing!" said Hermione quickly.

"Don't cut me out!" whined Ginny as she sat down.

"Really, it was nothing, Gin," lied Sienna.

Ginny's eyes narrowed at the three of them but her attention was pulled away as an angry Ron and Harry entered the room. The boys nodded at Hermione and Estella to follow them up into the boys' dormitory. They quickly said their goodbyes before following them up.

"What is it?" asked Hermione as they entered Harry's and Ron's room.

"Percy, he's written me," said Ron, sinking into his bed. Estella sat on Harry's, her cheeks flushing as he looked at her. "What d'you reckon?"

"Open it!" said Hermione eagerly.

Ron unrolled the scroll and began to read. The farther down the parchment his eyes traveled, the more pronounced became his scowl. When he finished reading, he looked disgusted. He thrust his letter at Harry, Estella, and Hermione, who leaned toward each other to read.

The letter started off pleasant with Percy wishing Ron congratulations with a snide comment toward Fred and George. The letter took a turn as he advised that Ron no longer talk or associate himself with Harry, and even Estella since she was related to Dumbledore. According to Percy, Dumbledore may lose his status as headmaster of Hogwarts. To be associated with Harry, was to damage your reputation beyond repair; given he only got off at his disciplinary hearing because of a mere technicality. Percy even urged Ron to speak with Umbridge and that his loyalties should lie with the Ministry.

Harry looked up at Ron.

"Well," he said, trying to sound as though he found the whole thing a joke, "if you want to-er-what is it?" (He checked Percy's letter.) "Oh yeah-'sever ties' with me, I swear I won't get violent."

"Give it back," said Ron, holding out his hand. "He is-" Ron said jerkily, tearing Percy's letter in half, "the world's" - he tore it into quarters - "biggest" - he tore it into eights - "git." He threw the pieces into the center fireplace.