21.

Layla woke up with two strong arms wrapped around her waist. She smiled as images of last night flashed through her mind. She looked over her shoulder to see Klaus fast asleep, light snores coming from his lips. She turned around so she could face him, and placed a small kiss on his check. Klaus smiled as his eyes fluttered open. Layla's heart raced by the way he looked at her. She was the only thing that he could see.

"Good morning, love," Klaus greeted her with his raspy morning voice and a smile.

Layla wrapped her arms around his neck, pecking his lips, "Good morning." Layla got up, putting on her remaing clothes from last night.

"Where are you going?" Klaus asked her.

"Damon and Elena asked me if I would go talk to them, they said it was important," Layla shrugged.

Klaus smirked, "I was hoping we could stay here all day."

Layla smiled at him, before walking over to the bed, "We are in a house full of vampire and your witch mother, they can hear us."

Klaus grinned, "I don't care, as long as I have you."

Layla smiled before smashing her lips onto his once more, "I have to go."

Klaus frowned, "I'll show you out."
***********
Layla walked back into the Salvatore house, she was lucky enough to dodge the Original family, more specifically Kol. Layla sat on the couch, flipping through a magazine that was laying on the table. She was interrupted by voices descending the stairs.

"So, let's not make a big deal out of this," a familiar female voice said.

"My thoughts exactly," Damon responded, walking down with Rebekah, his shirt off.

Layla starred at them, "You two?"

"Layla..."Damon drew out, "Can you forget about this?"

Layla ignored her, looking at her friend, "Anyone in Mystic Falls and you picked him?"

"I was upset," Rebekah sighed.

Layla shook her head and gazed back down at the magazine, "Let's just hope Elena doesn't find out."

Damn scoffed, going to the door, "She won't, and you won't tell her" he opened the door to reveal Elena, standing outside, ready to knock.

Layla chuckled, "I don't have to."

Elena looked between Damon Dan Rebekah, shocked,of the scene being unfolded in front of her. Rebekah smirked before waving goodbye, leaving the home.

"Did you stop taking your vervain?" Elena asked.

"You think Rebekah had to compel me?" Damon asked.

"What's wrong with you?" Elena questioned, "She tried to kill me less than forty eight hours ago."

"Not everything is always about you," Layla mumbled from the couch.

"Can we just move pass that, Elena?" Damon groaned.

Elena glared at Damon as he poured himself a drink, "So is that how it's going to be now? I hurt your feelings and this is how you lash out at me?"

Damon took a sip of his drink, before speaking, "Well, maybe, for once, something I did had nothing to do with you."

"You should know that Esther is planning on killing her entire family," Elena said, making Layla perk up, "She's linked them all together with a spell. Whatever happens to one, happens to all of them," Elena said, seeming guilty about her part in it.

Layla stood up angered, "What?"

"Well, that's great!" Damon said, ignoring her, "Klaus will finally be dead. We win." He looked over to Layla, "Why do you look like someone just shot a panda bear?"