𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐨𝐫 𝐇𝐨𝐬𝐭 (𝟒)

Pairnings: Not Applicable
Warnings: None
Pronouns: They/Them

——————————

"I am so sorry, George." (Y/n) friended guiltily whilst also trying to maintain an awkward smile.

"It's okay." He chuckled. "I know you needed to eliminate somebody."

"Huh, I can't believe I've lasted longer in a love or host with GeorgeNotFound." Sapnap chimed in through a grin, lightly poking fun at the fact that George was often the one to win peoples' hearts at games like this.

"Can I ask, (Y/n), what made you decide to eliminate George?" Eret queried slowly.

"Uhm..." They winced. "I guess it was just the fact that he just answered the question incorrectly." They shrugged plainly and lightly gnawed the inside of their cheek through the awkward tension.

"Well, I did just guess it." George hummed back.

"Yeah... It's also the fact that you made that bold guess and still got it wrong." They chuckled under their serious tone.

"Ah, I see."

"I'm sorry for making you guess..." Nihachu piped up quietly. "Perhaps I shouldn't have said that you should just name a subject in the hopes that you get it right."

"No, it's fine." He chuckled lightly. "It's all good."

"Okay well, since it's all good..." Austin announced brightly to the others, who quickly all whipped their heads up at the loud commentator. "(Y/n), would you like to know what he picked?!"

"Oh, God..." George huffed under his breath, holding his hand over his eyes as he slightly shielded his face.

"Uhh... Sure." They said confidently.

"Okay, give me a second!" He told them and the loud ruffling sounds of paper were heard on the other line. "Are you ready?"

"As I'll ever be."

"GeorgeNotFound picked..!" The suspense was built up and the only things that could be heard through the thick silence was the faint drumroll that Niki and Eret had sounded on her desk. "Love!"

George shielded his face away from embarrassment, his cheeks practically glowing the bright colour. (Y/n)'s eyes widened as they snapped their head over to his screen with a guilty, but at the same time not-so-guilty, look.

"I am so sorry, George." Their mouth was still open from shock.

"No, it's okay. Don't be sorry, (Y/n)!" He snickered quietly to himself.

"George, I think it's time for you to take the L and leave." Technoblade uttered sorrowfully through the microphone, earning a small wave of laughter from the others.

"Yeah." He smiled.

"Don't worry, George! If I don't end up winning this show, I'll keep you in mind!" Karl called out.

"It's nice to know you have a back-up plan." (Y/n) let out a short snicker at Karl's response.

"I do, I do have a back-up plan!" Karl said proudly.

"Anyway." Austin swiftly broke up the short-lived conversation between (Y/n) and Karl. "Everybody say goodbye to George!"

The next few seconds was just a long wave of goodbyes to their fellow friend before he was going to be kicked from the call. A lot of their expressions and goodbyes differed, from doing huge waves and big, friendly gestures, to just saying 'bye' or even not at all. Either way, that was the goodbye George was receiving from all of them before he was getting kicked from the call. He did one last small wave to (Y/n) before his screen was removed.