Chapter- 5 (Gamble- 1)

(Art by: Madlad and Buzz

(Art by: Madlad and Buzz.)

Chapter- 5 (Gamble -1)

Looking at the map it was apparent that a huge sum of points would rest on the outcome of this gamble. Assuming we will go in an anticlockwise manner over the green spots, in order to cover all of those it would take nearly 5 hours even if we were walking continuously, in view of the fact that it took nearly 2 hours for us to move till here from our base camp. But again we had walked till here so it might not be completely hopeless after all if we start running.

It is 2:45 right now, 5 hours from now would be nearly 8 which is our time of roll call. Missing the roll call is out of question, on top of that the spot itself will need renewal by 7:45.

It all will be for naught if all the spots were already occupied. I exchanged looks with Horikita as if to ask whether it was a good idea. There was determination in her eyes, she was right. If we had a weapon we must fight.

On exiting the hut my eyes registered two guys descending the fixed steel ladder.

"Should we hide?" I asked them in a low voice.

"Hiding and waiting for them to leave would be very time consuming, I think we should confront them head on and protect the identity of the leader."

Horikita was right, we cannot waste much time here. Both of them were already down the ladder, as we closed the distance among us I observed those two were none other than Katsuragi and Yahiko. Perhaps Katsuragi had noted the location of us from the cruise ship itself.

"Looks like we were late."

"Indeed, the spot belongs to Class D."

"I would need proof of that."

"Gladly, but once this spot is proved to be ours I must ask you to leave"

"Very well."

I unlocked the door to reveal the device that proved our rights and closed the door immediately.

"The countdown proves that one of you is the leader of Class D."

He is right, the rights were invoked within the last 10 minutes. It was a sensible deduction to assume one of us as a leader, but the same was true for them.

"Haha you outcasts have revealed such valuable information so easily."

Yahiko totally had no idea he was in the same predicament as well.

"Yahiko-kun, you said that Katsuragi-kun was the one who noted down the spots even before disembarking. That means you two are also here to claim the spots as fast as you can, even an elementary student can deduce that one of you is the leader."

His smile went from hundred to zero instantly.

"T-That is .."

"We will be leaving now, we need to report back to our class."