fifteen

"hope, i have a question." jimin suddenly asks.

without any hesitations, you nod.

"why are you staying here? i mean, not that i don't want to be here but aren't you suppose to celebrate holidays with your parents?"

silence overtakes the place as the tension rises. jungkook tells the pink-haired man to stop with his eyes but the latter didn't get it. that's the last topic you want to talk about and jungkook knew it.

since the time you asked to stay. every time your face gets blank when the word "family" is being mentioned. you don't tell stories about your family, he knew something was wrong.

you purse your lips. "i–"

"okay! that's enough. let's play board games!" jungkook cut your words off.

"i'm sorry for being nosy, hope." looking guilty, jimin apologizes.

you shake your head. "no, it's okay. i-uh, just uncomfortable."

silence again filled the living room. right now, jimin can sense the younger's stare.

"they're both dead."

all eyes are on you.

"he's in heaven, she's in hell."

you scoff.

"i'm sorry, i was wrong. she didn't die. the one who died was her love and her old self. no, maybe she's like that since the beginning, i just didn't notice. i was blinded by their smiles."

yoongi softly stares at you. "uh, you should stop if you're not okay saying those things to us."

"no, it's okay. i'm alright." you sigh. "but i'm always hurt when she's around. when he died, she changed. she started to act as nothing happened. clubs and boys were the things she did. always bringing a stranger in the house every night even if she's drunk."

"now, she has a boyfriend. his boyfriend is okay. he's just not like him. they act coldly towards me. the house is always a mess. i can't even have a proper meal."

"i miss him. i miss my dad. i miss my father."

and for a long time, you let out the heavy feeling inside by crying loudly, your depressing screams echoing in the living room.